Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deciela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Can you give your dog a bath before he gets a rabie shot?
    My dog needs a bath but he gets a rabies shot tomorrow. My mom said that he couldn't have a bath until so many hours before he gets the shot. Is this true?
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jun 13, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Sounds like an old wife's tale. Never heard of this before.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Jun 14, 2008, 10:25 PM
    No, just like us, its perfectly fine to have a bath before we go to the doctor!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Really dusty kitten - should I give it a bath? [ 2 Answers ]

My kitten got behind the radiator this morning and came out gray. I wet a towel to wipe off the bulk of the dust but some remains. I've heard it's not usually a good idea to bath a cat but I don't think she's going to lick this mess off herself...

Rabie shots where to give them [ 4 Answers ]

Where do you give dogs there rabie shots behind the skin or in muscle?

How to Give a Cat a Bath [ 1 Answers ]

How to Give a Cat A Bath Some people have the misconception that cats never have to be bathed. That somehow they "lick" themselves clean. Well contrary to this popular belief, cats do NOT have some enzyme in their saliva that resembles Tide (with or without bleach). Cats, like their nemesis,...

Rabie shot for Dogs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a couple of dogs that I inherited a couple of years ago. They had their rabies shots when given to me. Can anyone tell me how often are dogs suppose to receive these shots?

Rabie Shot reaction? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my two 4 month old doxies in to the vets today for there 2nd kennel cough shot and their first rabie shot. Since we have gotten home both pups are yelping each time we pick them up, and they have been shaking for 2 hours. Is this normal after these shots, or are they having a reaction, I'm...

View more questions Search