Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dustwolf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Old TV, cable box, dvd recorder
    Hi all,

I'm getting rather frustrated with this, since it seems it should be a simple process, but it's turning out to be a major headache.

I have an old RCA TV with just the one cable hookup in the back. I'm also using Comcast's Motorola cable box. The TV is hooked up just fine to it, but now I bought a Magnavox ZC320MW8 DVD recorder that came with the 3 cables (red, white, yellow). I thought I could just hook up the cables from the DVD to the cable box, keeping everything else the same, but it's not working, or rather it's me that not working :confused:.

I've read other posts here, but nothing quite fits with this (simple?) connection. I've been looking around the net to try and figure out what I'm doing wrong, but either the answer is so simple that I'm just overlooking it, or is there something else I need to add?

Thanks for any help in advance, and please help if you can, I want to record some cool shows.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2008, 06:05 AM
    You need a Modulator, it will connect to video cables from DVD and outputs to TV on channel 3 or 4(selectable).
    I have found at the dollar store for $12.00.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVD recorder to Satellite AND cable box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new panasonic DVD recorder that I am trying to connect to both my Satellite box (for international channels) and my Charter Cable DVR. I have been trying to do this for over a week now and cannot get it to work properly with the Charter Cable DVR. I get the lower channels but not the HD...

Hooking up dvd/vcr recorder to a TV with digital cable [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to hook up a dvd/vcr(Pioneer) recorder to a digital cable box with a Panasonic lcd TV.

Connect TV,vcr,cable,dvd recorder [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rca big sreen TV, digital cable box, vcr and dvd recorder. I can't seem to get it all connected properly by following the TV instruction guide or the dvd recorder instruction guide. I would like to be able to record dvd's from old vcr tapes, plus be able to have a strong enough signal to...

DVD recorder set up to record from a DVR-Cable receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to get some help with setting up a DVD recorder to a DVR. The set up we have includes a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-ES25, Onkyo AV Receiver HT-S790, Panasonic TV TH-50PX60U and a Motorola BMC9012 DVR-Cable receiver. Currently set up as cable input to the DVR, with component cables out...

Hooking DVD recorder and HD cable box together [ 7 Answers ]

This is over my head. I have Hitachi HDTV and a HDTV Cable box Explorer 8300. The cable line from the wall goes into the cable box and then red, green, & blue wires go from Out 1 to input 3 on the back of the TV. Also there are additional red & white wires that go from Out 2 to Input 3 on the...

View more questions Search