Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Best course of action
    I have been saving for a house (my first) and the market is great now to buy one. I remember a couple of years ago a lender advised me that I should have 3 lines of credit. He noted this when he saw I only had 2 credit cards. I need to buy a car. Mine was wrecked. So am I wondering if I should take a loan out for the car to give me a 3rd one. My score is currently 864. I have no debt and have a six figure income. Does it make sense to have the car note when I apply for a mortgage , does it help me at all? Or should I get the car loan and pay it off quickly (which I can do) then apply for a mortgage? I have saved a good down payment for the house. Thanks for your help.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Makes sense to me, just use financing (a note) that doesn't impose a prepayment penalty.
    timozozo Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2008, 11:14 PM
    I just went through the loan process and first thing I would do is to get preapproved through your bank ,credit union, then shop around. There are some great articles from the Morgtage professor at Yahoo. He is great and A-1. If you have all the bases covered then you will make the right call. Pay cash for the car. timozozo
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 04:35 AM
    Here's additional info (a lot of it) that may shed additional light: KnowDebt.org - Resource Center

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pin-action [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any studies or statistics showing the relationship between the weight of the ball used and the number of strikes?

Can I take Action? [ 6 Answers ]

I did some engine work for a company that went belly up resulting in two bounced checks totaling 1,300.00. I know the owner of the boat that had the work done to it. Can I sue the boat owner for money?

What action to take [ 2 Answers ]

I have a roommate who I have asked to leave on Dec 1, 2007. He is finally getting on his feet and take care of himself now. He moved in... Dec 7, 2006 and had just got out of prison... felony... "white collar crime" of bribery is all I could find out. He did nothing for the first 3 months. Then...

What action to take [ 11 Answers ]

My tenant is late every month and it’s getting to the point where he doesn’t return a call. Not sure if he will even pay this months rent. Checks have bounced several times, his yearly contract ended, and we are now on a month to month. I live the Dade County Florida (Miami). Can I write a...

Can any action be taken [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently got a phone call at work about a judgment that I had against me in 98 over breaking a lease by leaving before my 60 day notice was up so they garnished my wages and got there money but now they are telling me that ten years later they didn't get all there money and if I want to pay...

View more questions Search