Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jun 13, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Tragus vs. Helix
    K, so before, I asked a question about how badly a helix piercing hurt in comparison to lobes.

Got it done. Easy.

Now I want to know, how does a helix piercing hurt in comparison to a tragus piercing?

Thanxsomuch.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 02:04 AM
    9 out of 10 people I have talked to said that the Tragus was slightly worse than the Helix. Keep in mind that the Tragus piercing is a thicker surface to pierce through than the Helix. A little more force is required, but not much.

Being that it is such a small area, it is going to be a little more tender than a standard Helix piercing, but from what I have seen on my friends that have them, as long as they are taken care of properly, they heal up nicely. :)
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jun 17, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    9 out of 10 people i have talked to said that the Tragus was slightly worse than the Helix. Keep in mind that the Tragus piercing is a thicker surface to pierce through than the Helix. A little more force is required, but not much.

Being that it is such a small area, it is going to be a little more tender than a standard Helix piercing, but from what I have seen on my friends that have them, as long as they are taken care of properly, they heal up nicely. :)
    I got it done yesterday. It went quite smoothly and was less painful than a helix piercing. I can hardly even feel it now.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Lol well good! I'm glad it went well and I hope it heals up nice for you! :)
    ashycoco Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2008, 11:50 AM
    I also have both piercings... Traggus was a lot less painful then Helix.. BUT I did wear a plaster over mi traggus for about 2months.. which was not the prettiest of things.. but that's just because I wasn't allowed put a back on it and this ensured it didn't fall out...
    Id say go 4 it... it's a pretty cool piercng!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tragus piercing [ 6 Answers ]

This is my second time having my tragus' pierced. The first time I had to take them out because of (what I believed to be) an allergic reaction. I've had them done now for almost a month... they no longer hurt but on my right ear I have (what I believe to be) a keloid. Its very small and I've read...

Tragus Piercing! [ 21 Answers ]

I really want to get my tragus pierced, I have had both lobes pierced once and my belly. People say that the belly button hurts but mine didn't does any one know how the tragus is going to compare?? So how exactly do they pierce it iv'e herd you should deffinatly get it pierced with a needle not...

Tragus piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I really want to get my tragus pierced, and I was wanting to know if it is very different than having your cartiledge pierced. Is it any harder to take care of?

Harbor Breeze Fan, Helix II [ 13 Answers ]

I just bought a Harbor Breeze Fan Helix II.. There are no instructions with it, how ever I know how to hang ceiling fans. However, this particular model has me stumped over something stupid. It's hanging now and working, but the 4 Blue Lights are not mounting tightly. I have the Blue Glass...

Wiring Helix II Ceiling Fan w/Light Kit [ 1 Answers ]

Fan comes with 2 hot wires black for fan and blue for lights. House is wired with a double switch hot wires are red and black. We've tried several combinations but the switch always throws- do you have any suggestions on how we should connect these wires. We do have the common white wire and the...

View more questions Search