Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktfearon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 04:36 PM
    How to calculate what a business is worth?
    I have a small business doing Construction Cost Estimating. How would I determine what the business is worth? I am the only employee, and I have only a few small assets and no inventory as I provide only a service. If I were to sell the business, how do I know what it might be worth?
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Jun 27, 2008, 02:42 PM
    It depends on how much money you have been making as a business. You need to look at your income statement to figure that out. Also, you may have some goodwill-it's intangible-basically means how much customers like to use your service, in oppose to your competitors.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Also do you have regular accounts, companies that normally use your service. The problem is that there is no for sure they will use the person who buys your business.
    ktfearon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2008, 03:18 PM
    We are basically a service to a select group of clients. So what we would be trying to determine is the value of the goodwill I guess. The firm is established, but I am really the only person in the business, and so if the firm was sold without me, there is no guarantee that the clients would go too. Does that mean that the business is essentially worth just its assets, or do we assign a value since the name has goodwill associated?
    Tinter25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 11:29 PM
    I would first calculate yourtotal income, customers,what's your rep. what do you have in the company and how much to break even getting out? And how is the current market in the area your business is located?? Then male a decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a 1925 penny worth with one cent and a wheat on the back worth [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a one cent with a wheat on back is worth from 1925

Self-worth - what do you do to take care of your self-worth? [ 21 Answers ]

I think we are all so great to take care of others, however how can we learn to take care of ourselves more? What things can one do to take care of their own self-worth, self-respect, etc.

Business Being Named the Same as Another Business and Registering a Business [ 3 Answers ]

What if mt business name is taken and how do I register my company or business? :)

Looking for small town business-to-business service need I'm qualified for [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can help! Some entrepreneur who's already made this discovery and who can hep me do similar. Seems everything I can think of nobody would pay any $ for me to do. I am 7 yr stay at home MOM w/ 2 kids now just both in school and I really need to find work I can do to...

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

View more questions Search