Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubber Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Lost 401K
    I need to fined a long ago 401K and the company that I worked for is know longer in business. Does anyone know how to find a 401K online?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 13, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Do you have any statements that show the plan administrator? You can also contact the Social Security Administration. Qualified plans are supposed to file a notice of benefit with them so when you retire, they can inform you that there are benefits available.
    tj_ry64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Makes sense to me! Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost 401k [ 3 Answers ]

My question is: where can I get help in locating an old 401k plan from a company that has sinced changed names twice and I believe finally went under.. at the time of me leaving my position I was totally naïve about my 401kplan... the only thing I knew was that I was giving the 5% contribution...

Lost 401k [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find a lost 401k from old job

Lost 401k [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find lost 401k from my previous employers?

Lost 401k [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - I worked for a company in 2001 & 2002, I had moved out of state and did not transfer my 401k plan onto my next job, because they did not offer Retirement benefits. I am back in the original state I worked in, in 2001 & 2002 and am working at a place that offers 401k. I am trying to...

I lost my 401K [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had a 401K with my first Job out of college in 2002. 9months later the company unexpectedly went out of business. I always thought I would get info on the 401k in the mail, but nothing ever came and I don't even remember what company they set it up with. Is there anyway to look it up?

View more questions Search