Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diamondice2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 07:22 AM
    What does this term mean, when used in relationto this situation?
    My son is currently assigned to the USS JC STENNIS aircraft carrierEM1/Reactor/Nclear/Electrical. He has been in the Navy for 6.5 yrs and has about 2.5 to go. He has been based on the Stennis since leaving a school and pwer school/Charleston. He is being transferred to the USS LINCOLN, (end of July he is to report there). He has requested leave time and has been approved. He communicated to me he will be detaching in San Diego (re they are currently out doing sea trials ect). What exactly does this mean. His homeport is Bremerton WA.:)
    Thank you
    Diamondice2000
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 13, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Means he will be dropped off in Sand Diego and be on his own until his leave is up.
    akeste Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Once his leave is over and he goes back to San Diego, they will fly him out to the Lincoln. They have aircraft (COD) that fly out to the boat daily (I believe). Oh and his homeport is Everett, WA not Bremerton unless they are in dry docks.
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Jul 2, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by akeste
    Once his leave is over and he goes back to San Diego, they will fly him out to the Lincoln. They have aircraft (COD) that fly out to the boat daily (I believe). Oh and his homeport is Everett, WA not Bremerton unless they are in dry docks.
    They have a base in Bremerton--you do not have to be dry docked to be stationed in Bremerton. Iwas stationed there for two years.
    akeste Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 05:27 PM
    So was I, and I watched the Lincoln ship out to their new home port in Everett, WA in 1996.
    Washington1 Posts: 798, Reputation: 36

Jul 2, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Ok, you where saying the Lincoln is stationed in Everett.

Happy to see a fellow sailor on this site :)

Did you do a westpac?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short term vs long term capital gains, loss carryovers [ 4 Answers ]

Back in 2000 and 2001, I had short term capital losses that exceeded the 3000 dollar limit. Each year, I've been able to deduct 3000 dollars since my short term gains have been minimal. I still haven't used up all my 2000 and 2001 short term losses. I had some long term gains in 2000, but...

Accounting for Long Term and Short Term Cap Gains [ 2 Answers ]

How do I properly account for Long Term and Short Term Capital Gains from investments (stocks and bonds)? I am unsure of which account to use and the proper treatment on the financial statements. We (the Company) have not been involved in investing much until this year. Feel free to assume I know...

Investment interest and term, amortization for 5 yr term [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if I invest 10,000 into a secure low risk investment for a 5 year term at compound interest, could anyone advise me of which bank to use and what my return is per year compounded. Thank you!

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

View more questions Search