Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurel1 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Is my rabbit OK?
    I recently got a rabbit and I already have a dog and a cat
    I am wondering if there any chance that they could all get along?
    At the moment the rabbit lives outside in a suitable outdoor hutch,I
    Am trying to litter train him and then he can move inside,also if I let him run around
    The house while I am at home will this be enough exercise for him?

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 13, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Hi,

It is possible to get your dog and cat to get along with the bunny, but one wrong move and someone can get hurt, I don't advise it.

On another note, outdoor rabbits tend to have a shorter lifespan than indoor rabbits, in fact, most outdoor rabbits live on average for 3 years, where an indoor rabbit, depending on the breed, can live up to 12 years. Now if you live in a warmer climate than outdoor isn't so bad, but you also run the risk of having a less tame rabbit because of outdoor living.

If you let him run around the house he should get enough exercise, rabbits should be allowed to run loose (outside of their cages) for at least 4 hours a day. Always monitor him, bunny's are notorious chewers and not at all particular about what they chew, electrical cords (which can kill), furniture, you name it, they'll chew it. I have gotten a pet enclosure for my bunny's, that way they can hop around without constant supervision, get their exercise and stay safe.

Good luck with your bunny, and don't forget, a spayed/neutered bunny also lives longer, is less aggressive and easier to handle. :) I've posted a picture of my bunny enclosure for you;

Name:  Bunny binky room small.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  119.2 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rabbit OK outside? [ 24 Answers ]

Our family got a Lop Ear Rabbit. She is 11 weeks old. She's not tiny by any means. I am allergic to her. I was planning to keep her in a cage inside, but now I can not do that. Is it OK to put her outside in a cage? Protected from the rain. The cage does have a roof. I'm just worried about the heat...

My Rabbit! [ 19 Answers ]

I think there is something wrong with my rabbit and I think she might die! She is losing weight, I can feel her ribs and her backbone, but she eats and drinks fine! She is also pulling out her hair and biting herself, making huge sores. She doesn't have bugs, and I know pulling out hair is a...

My rabbit? [ 6 Answers ]

I am going to get a new rabbit but I don't know if I should keep him outside or in a cage can I keep him outside when he will sleep or will he run away or something help!:o

Is my rabbit OK outside, even if old [ 1 Answers ]

I care deeply about my rabbit and her safety, I bought her around the summer of 2006 and I bought her from a pet store from a local mall. I can keep her in my room, but I just cannot seem to potty train her, I have tried everything. Since she has never been outside, I am urging to know if I can...

New rabbit [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a new mini lop the pet store said he is about 7 weeks old. I have been trying to litter train him. He is doing really well but when he gets onto the couch with me or my boyfriend he always pees and poops on the couch. Is this becoming a habit and if so how do we break him of this so he...

View more questions Search