Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikhial11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 11:55 PM
    What kinds of guys should get gages. (preppy, punk, ect)
    I'm am personally a 15 year old preppy kid. But I like scremo, rock music, alternative, etc. I am the kid who shops at hollister, american eagle, but I like the whole skater look. I want to get gages but I don't know if it would be right for a guy like me to get gages. And if it is what sizes.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 04:09 AM
    It doesn't matter what type of things you are into as to whether you gauge. You do things like that for YOU.. not other people. So if that's what you want to do, go for it.

As for size, that all depends on you. Do you want them to be crazy big, or just big enough to where you can tell they are gauged?
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jun 13, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    It doesnt matter what type of things you are into as to whether or not you gauge. You do things like that for YOU..not other people. So if thats what you wanna do, go for it.

As for size, that all depends on you. Do you want them to be crazy big, or just big enough to where you can tell they are gauged?

Here Here! I concur!
    zakk wheeler Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jun 25, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikhial11
    I'm am personally a 15 year old preppy kid. But I like scremo, rock music, alternative, ect. I am the kid who shops at hollister, american eagle, but I like the whole skater look. I want to get gages but I don't know if it would be right for a guy like me to get gages. And if it is what sizes.
    Well dude it really is up to what you want!! But I can see why you still want to fit in. I'm 16, and I wear SOME preppy , but mostly ripped jeans and fox or band shirts, but if u still want a preppy look, gauge it down to only a 8-4 and put in CZ plugs. It looks fashionable, and cute, but if you want to goth look later just switchem out for something else.
    verytute Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 03:54 PM
    I would say talk too your parents for one and see if they are OK with it and if they are then start with a smaller gauge and see if it is something you are going too like then go bigger from there if its something you like go for it don't go by what others are doing be you and if your friends are true they will not care about what type of clothing you wear or what you put in your ears trust me now a days a lot more guys are getting piercings and take it from a girl as long as you do it right it looks good I wouldn't go too far with it at your age
    MallyMack Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 05:58 AM
    I think you just need to true to yourself. Stretching your ears is a big decision, especially if you are going to stretch bigger than a 2g (the size of a pencil eraser). I have had my plugs for about 8 years, I am 22 now and have ears at 7/8's of an inch, and I don't regret it at all.

Do remember though, if you decide to do this, the stretching experience can become slightly "addictive". It's like how people who get one tattoo often want more. So make sure it's something you really want and are prepared to have for a long time or even your whole life.

Either way, do it to make YOURSELF happy, and not for fashion. If it's for fashion, take a good long think about it before doing ANYTHING.

Also, some tips:
    -Go to BME: Body Modification Ezine - The Biggest and Best Tattoo, Piercing and Body Modification Site Since 1994 and check out some of the pictures and experiences in the piercing section to give you a better idea of whether its something you want to do.
    -Gauges start at 14 for the smallest, and go down in sizes by 2 (14, 12, 10, 8, etc) until you hit 0 and then they go up in inch or millimeter increments.
    -Make sure you go slowly, or you can seriously hurt yourself or end up with a nasty infection.

GOOD LUCK!
    hellokittykat Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2008, 07:42 AM

Up to you,
    What others think, if your getting them to fit into a 'scene' your doing it for all the wrong reasons and will regret it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I love punk music, but I don't live the "punk" lifestyle. Is that weird? [ 2 Answers ]

I listen to punk music. I like to think I know a lot about it (primarily 1970s punk/protopunk). The things is, I wear a lot of band t-shirts, but I feel weird wearing punk t-shirts. I just feel like everyone would look at me like I was trying to be cool/trying to be something that I'm not. I'm...

Punk movie from the early 80's [ 1 Answers ]

I need the name of a movie from the late 70's early 80's about a female punk singer, her struggles in the music business and her fight not to conform to the tecno age but end the end she did. Does someone have some insight for me?:confused:

Punk rock [ 1 Answers ]

I'm burning a cd for Christmas but I can't seem to find songs that are punk rock. I need a list of songs that are punk/rock so I can download. If you know any please reply. Thanks. :)

View more questions Search