Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jade93Jade Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Edward is awesome
    Hi. Does anyone else like edward from the Twilight saga. I do, but there seems to be very few...
    iloveLf221 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Jun 15, 2008, 05:51 PM
    ARE you kidding?? I am in love with Twilight and Eclipse, New Moon, not so much, there was tmuch Jacob Black in it for my taste, and the beginning was too depressing, but oh my gosh yes. I know a lot of people who love him, too. After I read Eclipse I couldn't wait for Breaking Dawn, and I just recently watched the Twilight movie trailer, and I can't wait for the movie in December, I just don't want non-twilight readers to see the movie, because you really need to read the books first to be a true twilight fan.
    SandraDee Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Jun 19, 2008, 10:17 AM
    OMG!! I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN! I just got introduced to the series and I am obsessed now! After I read "Twilight", I immediately went out to buy "New Moon" and "Eclipse." I loved the first book so much I had to re-read it before I could move on! I am SO excited about "Breaking Down!"

If you love Edward, you should visit Stephanie Meyer's official website. She is currently working on a re-telling of "Twilight" through Edward's point of view. She has a rough draft of the first chapter for fans to read. Here's the link:

StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Midnight Sun

Hope you like it as much as I did!

Jun 20, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Ohmygawd, I know!! I love Edward!! He is the most perfect guy in the history in perfectness!
    jellybean3109 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade93Jade
    hi. does anyone else like edward from the Twilight saga. i do, but there seems to be very few....
    Who isn't in love with Edward... and aren't you psyched there are making a movie about the series!! I know I read through all 3 books in less than a week and all my friends and co-workers are hooked now as well... it is an epidemic! Ha! Ever read the Janet Evanovich novels? Or JD Robb?

Jun 26, 2008, 08:51 AM
    I haven't. R they good?? I am PHYCHED about the movie, but I never pictured edward with a british accent...
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jul 2, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Amazing.
    Have you seen the actor they've chosen to play him in the movie?
    It doesn't fit my vision of him at all!!
    You should go to the site and look.
    He actually looks a lot better in makeup now that they have some shots of him in makeup.
    When they just had pics of him I was a bit concerned.
    Whew.
    What a relief.
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Jul 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
    GUYS GUESS WHAT?? :eek:

The "Edward" in the Twilight Series movie also played the role of Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!! NO JOKE! I was watching all the Harry Potter movies on ABC Family because they were on for the 4th of July weekend. Go check him out!! Ahh!! :D
    sre241 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Um, no offense... but... :rolleyes:

Why is everyone so "in love" with these books?:confused: They are so weird! Why is it that everyone likes to read weird books? Harry Potter, and now this Twilight trilogy... There are so many good books to read out there! I just don't get it.

Sometimes I do not understand the kids and young people of today...

Even though I am one of them!

Give a good hard think to yourself about why you read these kinds of books. Be truthful to yourself. Now I ask you, is it really a good reason?

U can think whatever you want about me. I'm just one of billions of people on the Internet. You can even kick me off this website for voicing my true opinion. I could not care less. But I'd like to know if there is even one spark of morality left in today's teenage and young adult world.

I do not intend this to be offensive, I am just trying to give you some food for thought.

God Bless You All!!

Jul 17, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sre241
    Um, no offense...but...:rolleyes:

Why is everyone so "in love" with these books?:confused: They are so weird! Why is it that everyone likes to read weird books? Harry Potter, and now this Twilight trilogy... There are so many good books to read out there! I just don't get it.

Sometimes I do not understand the kids and young people of today...

Even though I am one of them!

Give a good hard think to yourself about why you read these kinds of books. Be truthful to yourself. Now I ask you, is it really a good reason?

U can think whatever you want about me. I'm just one of billions of people on the Internet. You can even kick me off this website for voicing my true opinion. I could not care less. But I'd like to know if there is even one spark of morality left in today's teenage and young adult world.

I do not intend this to be offensive, I am just trying to give you some food for thought.

God Bless You All!!!
    Why is morality an issue regarding what genre of book interests someone? Did you ever think that maybe those people just find it entertaining? And, plus, "weird" is a matter of opinion, don't you think?

Also, what do you mean by "Be truthful to yourself."? I mean, we are SO lying to ourselves when we decide we like these kinds of books... (Can you sense the sarcasm?) Seriously, these books are written to be entertaining, and regardless of whether or not you enjoy them, they're doing their job and there's no need to encourage "looking into ourselves" as to why.

And if you're so insistent upon not intending to be offensive, then try not to come of so judgmental in your assertions.

Everyone is just fine to have their own opinions. Here's an idea: You do what you like and agree with; Let others do what they like and agree with. If the whole world did that it'd be a lot more peaceful place.

Now, to answer your question: I've done a lot of deep soul searching and I've decided that I like the Twilight Series for the following reasons:

1) They're fantasy novels and entertaining.

2) It's a quick and easy read, which is good because, after all my AP English reading, that's exactly what I want.

3) I'm into vampire stories, and vampire romance stories are that much better.

Now, I'd like to ask you: Have you actually even read them, or are you just making these statements blindly?
    sre241 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 08:09 PM
    I have looked at multiple "synopsis" entries about the books on various websites, and I know people who read them.

To reply to your statements:

Just because something is entertaining doesn't mean it's good to pursue it. Watch the news. It seems like a lot of people find murdering someone entertaining.

Yes, I can let people do what they like, but that does not mean that I have to like it and that I cannot say so if I don't.

Also, I just wonder why kids like vampire stuff in general. I always got the impression that vampires were not something one would like to hang out with, much less fall in love with or marry.

The reason that romance novels are not good reading choices is that in most cases they present a situation which is utterly fantasy, and nothing like real life. It causes people, especially girls (of which I am one, so I know), to look for that sort of relationship in real life, and 9 times out of 10 that is never going to happen. It is better to realize what real life is actually like and accept it and be happy with it rather than fantasize and wish for that type of relationship and be exceedingly dissapointed when one's boyfriend is not Edward Cullen. (see, I have done some research.)

Completely regardless of my last post, and the above statements:

Despite the fact that I myself do not think that these are good books, I apologize for sounding judgmental. I realize now that I did sound very judgmental and I am truly sorry. I think I got carried away last night. One is apt to say just about anything at 1AM. (wry grin)

Mea Culpa,
    Sre

P.S. (softbalgrl1331) If you want to laugh at me, go ahead. I can't hear you anyway. :P
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Jul 18, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sre241
    P.S. (softbalgrl1331) If you want to laugh at me, go ahead. I can't hear you anyway. :P
    Sorry Sre241...

Softy just thought it was a little judgemental...

My apologies :o

Jul 19, 2008, 07:20 PM
    As much as I would like to make another argument ( I very much enjoy having the last word and there are still some things I disagree with), I will leave this chain under amicable terms.

Jul 20, 2008, 11:38 AM
    But, have you actually read the book??
    I was being "truthfull to myself" and found that I enjoy romance novels and vampire navels because there entertaining. Is that SOOOO wrong? So WHAT if we like fantasy? So WHAT if we like vampire or, god forbid, romance? You don't need to tell us that were wrong! And we aren't wrong for liking something that other people like!!
    cj4791 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 08:15 PM
    To krissyg2991:

WONDERFULLY put. I'm actually an educated 30-something, and I don't think I could have stated that any better than you did. I also loved these books. I read three of them in about 4 days (lounging on the beach, of course), and found them to be sweet, entertaining stories that managed to capture very normal and "not weird" feelings and emotions that anyone with a heart has felt at some point in life.
    Anyway, good for you. You have a way with words. Keep it up.

Jul 23, 2008, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cj4791
    To krissyg2991:

WONDERFULLY put. I'm actually an educated 30-something, and I don't think I could have stated that any better than you did. I also loved these books. I read three of them in about 4 days (lounging on the beach, of course), and found them to be sweet, entertaining stories that managed to capture very normal and "not weird" feelings and emotions that anyone with a heart has felt at some point in life.
    Anyway, good for you. You have a way with words. Keep it up.

Why,thank you. However sad and pathetic it may seem, I consider well-versed arguments to be my greatest talent! Lol! :)
    I agree on your opinions of the series: what I don't think that sre241 understands is that not all vampires are depicted with a scary macabre outlook. They're actually quite romanticized in most cases.

I only wish that I had been reading mine while lounging on the beach. :)
    cj4791 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by krissyg2991
    Why,thank you. However sad and pathetic it may seem, I consider well-versed arguments to be my greatest talent! lol! :)
    I agree on your opinions of the series: what I don't think that sre241 understands is that not all vampires are depicted with a scary macabre outlook. They're actually quite romanticized in most cases.

I only wish that I had been reading mine while lounging on the beach. :)

Well, it's not sad or pathetic to be able to debate your point with someone. And it does seem to be a talent for you! As for sre241, I can see their point as well; I have an ex or two out there who can't fathom the idea that anyone could dislike Star Wars... lol! I really wasn't trying to put my dog in this fight, I just thought I'd give you credit for putting your point across so elegantly.

Having said that... read any other good books? I just got the first Black Dagger Brotherhood book from Amazon, but haven't started it yet. I've read all the Sookie Stackhouse books, and was just curious if anyone had any recommendations...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What William said to edward [ 1 Answers ]

What did william say to edward to make him his next heir??

Edward Sheriff Curtis [ 3 Answers ]

Ever heard of him? I have a few of his prints along with certificates of authenticity. They are really wonderful pictures. All are numbered. Anyone reading this know what they may be worth? I have "The Eagle Catcher" (#220 of 228) "Pulini and Koyame" (#157 of 228) "Crying To The Spirits" (#214 of...

View more questions Search