Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrbone1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Lien on home in foreclosure
    I live in the state of Florida. My house is in the early stages of foreclosure(maybe 2-3 months left). My condo association has placed a lien on my home for 2500.00 for past due fees.I have filed bankruptcy and am giving up the home. I owe way much more on the home than it is worth now so there will be no equity. What happens to the lien? Do I still need to pay it or does it just not get paid. I could not include the condo association fees(lien) on my bankruptcy(Idont think). I sign the bankruptcy papers next week.

Thank you for your help!
    Kevin
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2008, 03:19 PM
    You should include the house ( at least my opinon) in the bankrutpcy, that way all the house loans and liens would be included.

Don't sign papers without talking to the attorney, it is a matter of 10 minutes to add a item and reprint the forms.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2008, 03:42 PM
    If you explained this situation to your attorney, what did he advise you to do?

I can't imagine that he would not have you include home, and any attached liens, in your bankruptcy?

Unless you are trying to file a chapter 13, which given this situation, it would make much more sense to file chapter 7 and be done with everything that can be discharged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What will happen to my credit if my home goes into foreclosure ? [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering what to do about my home that I have been trying to sell for one and half years? I am struggling to pay for this home. We made a big mistake and we built another home thinking that this home would sell. I am just wondering how long foreclosure will stay on someone's credit and will...

Home foreclosure [ 10 Answers ]

Our home has gone into foreclosure and they have posted the Trustee's sale notice in our local paper for Nov.16th. If we can come up with the funds, can we stop the foreclosure before Nov.15th?

Lien on my home [ 2 Answers ]

A plumber did some work in a bathroom. The new marble counter was scratched when his worker installed a faucet. The plumber left a bill. I had told him about the scratches and I was in the process of finding someone reputable to fix the marred surface. He left a message on my phone telling me...

Home in foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a landlord in Michigan and you evicted the renters for non payment of rent, and your home is in the beginning of foreclosure how long does your tenant legally have before they have to move out of the home.

Leasing Tenants rights in Foreclosure Home [ 2 Answers ]

If we are renting a home and the home is in foreclosure status Can we be kicked out? Can we complete our lease if not owned by the same lanlord?

View more questions Search