Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CELINA Posts: 40, Reputation: 0

Jun 12, 2008, 01:29 PM
    How to tell if a skin lightening product is likely a scam
    Guys, start-up vendors are setting up websites or eBay seller accounts, and using askmehelpdesk to plug promote their Skin Lightening products.

I realized a pattern is that it's people that the very same people who are SEEKING skin lightening, that are vendoring products that don't work or that they invent in order to make money off their peers in the same quest for lighter skin. Examples of this history include skinwhite, magic cream, world of entertainment, makari, drula, DS, whiterskin/meladerm, fair & flawless, monobenzone, and many others popping up.

Here are 6 symptoms of shady online vendors that the only thing that will get lighter is your wallet!

1. One way that you can tell is if the seller/company TARGETS skin lightening envy, they are probably a scam business. Like "whiterskin" or "skinwhite" or "skinlighteningreport", it can't get any more obvious than that.

2. Also, look at the products they offer. If the only thing that the seller/company is selling is SKIN products, that's also a sign that it's a scam.

3. Additionally, look at the brands they offer. If the website sells only one brand (ie, Civant) it's also an indication of a scam.

4. A trustable business would not put all its eggs in one narrow basket. Unless it knew its marketing would be done on certain internet SKIN forums like this one.

5. A trustably business wouldn't also use aliases to attack other people's photos as evidence of results. Unless they are upset that it reminds them of all they do, which is talk plug talk plug talk behind multiple aliases and IP addresses. Seeing IS Believing.

6. Also, about user names or promoters. They may be random, but they may also be ones created to exude the impression of authority, like "Consumer" or "Report", etc.

Anyway, just my advice.

Happy Lightening!

Celina xoxo
    consumer Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Also, make sure the product states exactly which chemical it is composed of, not some pseudo-scientific label!

Several sellers are promoting their products on here with fake pictures and lies. You can usually spot them when they start mutliple threads debasing some products and promoting 1 or 2!

I hate scammers and liars!

Quote Originally Posted by CELINA
    Guys, start-up vendors are setting up websites or ebay seller accounts, and using askmehelpdesk to plug promote their Skin Lightening products.

I realized a pattern is that it's people that the very same people who are SEEKING skin lightening, that are vendoring products that don't work or that they invent in order to make money off of their peers in the same quest for lighter skin. Examples of this history include skinwhite, magic cream, world of entertainment, makari, drula, DS, whiterskin/meladerm, fair & flawless, monobenzone, and many others popping up.

Here are 6 symptoms of shady online vendors that the only thing that will get lighter is your wallet!

1. One way that you can tell is if the seller/company TARGETS skin lightening envy, they are probably a scam business. Like "whiterskin" or "skinwhite" or "skinlighteningreport", it can't get any more obvious than that.

2. Also, look at the products they offer. If the only thing that the seller/company is selling is SKIN products, that's also a sign that it's a scam.

3. Additionally, look at the brands they offer. If the website sells only one brand (ie, Civant) it's also an indication of a scam.

4. A trustable business would not put all its eggs in one narrow basket. Unless it knew its marketing would be done on certain internet SKIN forums like this one.

5. A trustably business wouldn't also use aliases to attack other people's photos as evidence of results. Unless they are upset that it reminds them of all they do, which is talk plug talk plug talk behind multiple aliases and IP addresses. Seeing IS Believing.

6. Also, about user names or promoters. They may be random, but they may also be ones created to exude the impression of authority, like "Consumer" or "Report", etc.

Anyway, just my advice.

Happy Lightening!

Celina xoxo

The most important
    Carmen Posts: 62, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 6, 2009, 12:23 PM
    There are only 2 things to watch out for scam products are:

1. you don't get what you paid for

2. the product does not work

Other than that.. it's just all gravy..

I can't believe you just accused CIVANT of being a scam, what's your ground on saying so?

Quote Originally Posted by CELINA View Post
    Guys, start-up vendors are setting up websites or ebay seller accounts, and using askmehelpdesk to plug promote their Skin Lightening products.

I realized a pattern is that it's people that the very same people who are SEEKING skin lightening, that are vendoring products that don't work or that they invent in order to make money off of their peers in the same quest for lighter skin. Examples of this history include skinwhite, magic cream, world of entertainment, makari, drula, DS, whiterskin/meladerm, fair & flawless, monobenzone, and many others popping up.

Anyway, just my advice.

Happy Lightening!

Celina xoxo
    chandani Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 01:31 PM

I don't know about the rest but I have tried fair and flawless and other than HQ that's the only other product that has helped my melasma.. soo don't call it a scam if you haven't tried it yourself
    bigeyes678 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2009, 06:18 PM

All of those companies are not scams. Heck that's all the skin whitening companies you listed. Im using one of the companies products and I know that particular product work so all that really matters is that the product work.
    -

Jan 17, 2009, 04:22 PM
    You are also right about that!

Quote Originally Posted by consumer View Post
    Also, make sure the product states exactly which chemical it is composed of, not some pseudo-scientific label!

Several sellers are promoting their products on here with fake pictures and lies. You can usually spot them when they start mutliple threads debasing some products and promoting 1 or 2!

I hate scammers and liars!

The most important
    -

Jan 17, 2009, 04:24 PM
    Start up vendors
    You said it yourself, start up vendors, meaning just starting in this business and not enough capital to pay for Promotion and marketing, but doesn't make them scammers. You better be careful on what you say about these companies and I dare you to put your full contact info here. What your doing is libel and you can easily get sued just for what you just said and to list companies that are legit and you claimed that they're scammers wow, you got balls!
    But all it takes is a SUMMONS to the Admin of askmehelpdesk for your full info and your happy days will be over!
    Quote Originally Posted by CELINA View Post

Anyway, just my advice.

Happy Lightening!

Celina xoxo
    -

Jan 20, 2009, 03:24 PM
    I don't see anything wrong if a store is only selling a few products. Even if they're only selling 1 product, if it's a specialty item, then what's wrong with that? Proactiv starts with just 3 items, does that make them a scammer?
    Open your eyes, the time is about Entrepreneurship, and you will see start up companies that starts from their home and selling only a handful of products, and due to low budget, they are forced to advertise in Forums like this one. Does that make them scammers? Of course not. AS long as you are receiving what you order and the products are working as what it claims, then all is fair in this game. Stop with that SCAMMER, mud slinging, bad mouthing stunt, and move on!
    Vigil_Ante Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 23, 2009, 01:20 PM
    So are you saying that people who are working from home are scammers because they use their home address? What about self entrepreneur?

Quote Originally Posted by candice09 View Post
    hello? You have to consider the 4 things i mentioned not only 1. First, proactive is a registered business entity and they have an office or shop so obviously they are not a scammer.
    candice09 Posts: 30, Reputation: 0

Jan 24, 2009, 04:48 AM

That's my opinion only. Those where signs for me, but I can not be 100% sure . I'm here to help. I apologize.
    CELINA Posts: 40, Reputation: 0

Mar 19, 2009, 01:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck/Administrator

Fraud and Deciet multiple user names

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the following "users" can be traced back to the same set of IP addresses

Atlas
    Brennon
    Carmen
    Tere 431
    Simply Jane
    Vigil Ante

So it gives the appearance that the same person or group of people have been posting to this site for thier own agenda.

They have been banned at this point, if you see a "new" user that sounds simular to these people let me know

Amazing, that alias abuser Carmen/VigilAnte/Consumer/? Had the nerve to perpetrate so many of the 6 ways to spot fraud/deceit in this very thread!

Happy Lightening!

Celina xoxo
    teka01 Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

May 24, 2009, 07:39 AM

Alert- Celina is a scammer herself. She is part owner of depig.com, she is an advertiser. Don't fall for her tricks
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 26, 2009, 05:46 AM

Lol... What a Joke !

All the tips are so helpful CELINA..

Unfortunately you are the biggest Benzyl arbutin scam artist in Radiance history...

Lolz...

My suggestion to people - believe everything CElina says about how to do things right and wrong..

But never believe her recommendations of creams.. she is such an advertiser! Lol
    sharika2009 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Woaaoww! What is going on here, I can't understand what and who to believe. Celina said that skin care like meladerm are scammers, I have just ordered from them and waiting for delivery and felt awful when I read her thread. Then I read further answers on this about the fact that celina herself is a scammer and fraud. Just don't know what's going on.

I find it hard to believe that meladerm civant skincare are fakes and scammers as I have heard good feedback about them and everything about them seems genuine and meladerm does have Alpha Arbutin, Kojic Acid, Gigawhite and Tego® Cosmo C250 which are all effective ingredients in skin lightening.

I would be quite dissapointed if I paid £71.00 for the cream and find it's a scam as I still think that civant is genuine. I should receive it soon as I ordered on 14/05/09to be delivered from US. The only one a few people have said is a scam is Nur76 because it seems to good to be true and they said that they actually tried it and never worked at all. One person said he tried it for 7 months and nothing happened, so he said they were scams. I don't know why I had a feeling that I didn't trust Nur76 but I don't know, I might be wrong. If anyone else has tried Nur76 then please share your experience then we can stop scammers from taking our money. Anyway anyone tried meladerm?

Thanks
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

May 27, 2009, 05:04 AM

I don't believe that civant are scammers, but their products are not as good as they would have us believe.

Very few people rave about this one and it has been about for years now.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

May 27, 2009, 05:34 AM

Well sharika...

Celina is a FAT FACED chick who used to frequent depig forum earlier.

And started talking about how benzyl lightened her in a week.

First she showed a pic in dark lighting and the second with full makeup on and soccer field lightings flashing into her face... and claimed benzyl got her light..

Who ever challenged her at that forum got banned out there... no kidding

And all the threads are removed whenever something negative is said about the benzyl and herbalinn thingies...

So anyway... celina madam you need to notice will always slander every single product that is produced in the world unless its from the depig or herbalinn sites...

And now that she is reading this.. she will say something nice or two about other products just to make it seem as if she is genuine...

Anyway make your choices and see if you wish to buy that benzyl and radiance nonsense.l

Didn't work for anyone who I personally know having used
    sharika2009 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 01:51 PM
    Hi thanks Maharani and Imgorgeous for feedback on my confusion about celina.

Imgorgeous, the bit about Celina the fat faced chick was funny and just made me laugh. Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, what skin lighteners have you used if you did and were they effective. Do you know of any other products that are good for getting rid of dark marks and to lighten skin? If you happen to be in this thread again, if you have a spare couple of minutes, please post some brief information on your experiences but only if you want. It would just help me unerstand skin lighteners better, before I spend and spend to get the right product eventually. Anyway there's a lot of dodgy scammers about, glad you cleared it up with me, so now I know.

Thanks much appreciated Imgorgeous

Sharika
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Aug 30, 2009, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
    I don't see anything wrong if a store is only selling a few products. Even if they're only selling 1 product, if it's a specialty item, then what's wrong with that?. Proactiv starts with just 3 items, does that make them a scammer??
    Open your eyes, the time is about Entrepreneurship, and you will see start up companies that starts from their home and selling only a handful of products, and due to low budget, they are forced to advertise in Forums like this one. Does that make them scammers? Of course not. AS long as you are receiving what you order and the products are working as what it claims, then all is fair in this game. Stop with that SCAMMER, mud slinging, bad mouthing stunt, and move on!
    Carmen I agree with you to claim that these companies are scams without trying the product yourself is totally wrong!;) Has anyone read what other forums have to say about askmehelpdesk's skin lightening section? The things that people are saying are not good and I am starting to see why.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Lightening my skin with monobenzone has messed my skin up [ 86 Answers ]

I know that a lot of you are using monobenzone or compteplating on using it. Well I'm hear to tell you that after 1yr. Of monobenzone use my skin became disfigured. My arms, face, legs, cheast . Is patch work of pink, brown, large patchess. And I've been going to dermatologist about it and they say...

Which product to be used for skin [ 2 Answers ]

There are thousands of cosmatics in available in the market but a common person does not know which product to be chosen for his use which should be more effective and economical and more ever must not have any side effect

View more questions Search