Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmpruitt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Cannot renew ip address
    Please help! My computer started saying cannot renew ip address when trying to connect to the internet. The computer is connected to a router then a cable modem. I called the wonderful cable co. and asked for help the ran tests, did ipconfig, etc. They told me the problem was the network card so I bought a new one linksys fast link pci adapter I installed it ran the cd restarted the computer and still the same problem,called the cable co again and they tried to ping the machine to no avail, they told me to call linksys which I did and they said the card was bad, got a new card installed it, same problem. PLEASE SOMEONE I need to get this up and running. Thanksl.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2008, 12:50 PM
    First see if you can connect directly through the modem. If that works, then try removing your network connection and reboot then recreate it.
    dmpruitt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Thanks we had already tried that and it didn't help.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jun 12, 2008, 04:23 PM
    So you were able to connect directly with the cable modem using the same cable your PC is connected to? Have you ruled out a bad or incorrect type of network cable?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot renew IP Address [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am having real problems with my PC and internet connection which is a Ethernet cable connection using Virgin Broadband/NTL Was all working fine and then suddenly had real problems. I was using a wireless router as wife has a laptop and the wireless router suddenly stopped working. Got...

I can't renew my ip address [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a wireless usb adapter and a router to my desktop. When I did the ping and ipconfig /release, everything seem OK but when I try to do a ipconfig /renew I get an error message. When I check network connection I see limited or no connectivity. I have a wireless connection on my laptop but...

Cannot renew my IP address. [ 16 Answers ]

Hey I am new here and I was just wondering why I cannot renew my IP. I have tried for a month or so now and Google search after Google search, I am getting more frusterated. I haven't seen or heard of a problem like mine. The problem I am having is my IP address will not renew, yet I have an...

Can't Renew IP Address [ 11 Answers ]

I have Verizon Fios on my desk top and two laptop computers. One laptop connects automatically, np. The other laptop will not connect, (OS is Windows XP). I have used the commands ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew. It will release but not renew. So I went to- My network...

Can't renew IP Address.. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All, I am in need of some serious help. I'm using dell computer running on XP. I use a Belkin USB adapter to connect to the internet, but I'm using windows own "wireless network connection" software to connect to the interet. I connect to Airport Express, using the belkin USB but now I...

View more questions Search