Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzamanm Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Windows can not access the specified.
    Whenever I install any antivirus on my PC and try to run any executable file or to launch any other program, here comes an extremely annoying message that never goes off and reads as follows,"Windows Can't access the specified file,device or file, You may not have the appropriate permission".
    Whereas I run the administrator account and am running the windows xp and antivirus I've installed is the avg or any other antivirus it will get the same result.
    If someone have the solution to the problem, let me know the solution please.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Try disabling all anti-virus or try installing in safe mode.
    mzamanm Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Disabling all the antivirus will render my PC vulnerable to security threats and I can't understand the safe mode installation please let me know what does it mean.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Disconnect the PC from the Internet, disable the A/V, reboot install your ned software then re-enable the A/V and reconnect to the Net.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't access Windows update website. [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to enter the Windows Update webpage I get a message like, We appreciate your visit but this is only for windows users, you can visit the mac site at microsoft.com/mac Well, I am a windows user, what is wrong? Thanks in Advance! :)

Cannot access windows update [ 7 Answers ]

when I try to access windows update website I get error 0x80072EE7 I have followed all the instructions regarding this problem but it is still with me I can access most other websites any ideas please:(

Access 97 and Windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently installed Access 97 on a Windows XP machine. The installation completed successfully but, there is one thing that doesn't work: There is a field in the database I use that shows the current directory I am working on(i.e. C:/work). This field contains rubbish(#Name). I...

Install Access 97 onto PC with Windows XP [ 13 Answers ]

I have a PC with OS Windows XP and would like to install office 97 only to run the Access 97. But it's failed. Not working. Can anybody help me? Thank you.

View more questions Search