Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    regina57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Dog has hematoma on ear
    My Dog Has A Hematoma On His Ear It Is Not Bleeding Or Anything Should I Just Leave It Go...
    AlwaysWriting Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Jun 12, 2008, 12:18 PM
    It's always best to have the vet look at it... It could probably wait until your dogs next visit though.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Jun 14, 2008, 10:08 PM
    A hematoma in the ear usually happens because the dog is shaking its head--it either hits its ear against something or shakes so violently that a blood vessel inside the ear breaks. The bleeding continues until enough pressure builds up to stop it.
    If nothing is done for it, the swelling will eventually go down, but the ear will look thick and shriveled. You also need to find out what is going on inside the ear that caused the head shaking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog ear hematoma [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We recently took our golden retriever, Sadie, to the vet with an ear hematoma. $400.00 later, we took her home with a drain in her ear and lots prescriptions. They removed the drain three weeks later, but of course with the ear hadn't healed where the drain had been and the ear filled up with...

Canine ear hematoma [ 1 Answers ]

My 11 year old chocolate Labrador developed an ear hematoma in her left ear. She previously had the same problem in her right ear and at that time we had it drained and stitched closed in what I can best describe as a quilted pattern with many stitches. This time we had it drained and immobilized...

View more questions Search