Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rypepsi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 06:26 PM
    Abnormal sperm
    If I have 90% of abnormal sprem, what does it mean? Especially concerning fertility?

Will these sperms possibly inseminate an egg, and if so, what result on the baby would there be?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2006, 08:24 AM
    Hi, rypepsi,
    I am not a Doctor, nor a Professional in this area.
    Here is a link with some explanations:
    http://www.flindersivf.com.au/resources/semen.analysis/
    This link points out that fertility is still possible. Scroll down about 1/2 way at the site.
    The best person to talk with would be the Doctor.
    I do wish you the best.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Mar 11, 2006, 11:27 AM
    The best person to talk with would be the Doctor

I agree with Fredg on this you really would be best to go and seek medical help because they can go into details regards things they can do for you!
    Answersneeded Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 03:33 AM
    Hi Rypepsi, my husband and I are going through exactly the same problem. He has more than 90% abnormalities and we are very concerned too. The advice we have been given is firstly to do a repeat semen analysis as it can often happen that the first one is wrong. Secondly, if your lifestyle isn't very health you should try and change it. My husbnad and I together are no longer drinking or smoking, we're excercising and he is taking supplements (recommended ones are Vit B Complex, Vit E, Vit C, Manganese, L-arginine, L-carnitine, zinc and Selium - sounds like a lot but it's worth trying). He is also going to start acupuncture sessions as that seems to help things and some people sear by it. Ideally, you should wait 12 weeks from the 1st abnormal test result to taking the second test as that is how long it takes sperm to reporduce. We aren't going to wait that long as we firstly want to see if the first one was wrong and if it remains the same then we will wait 12 weeks and go again. I am joining in many of the things with my husband as it takes 2 to tango and it's easier for both of us and especially him if we do it all together. I have sbeen reading quite a lot about abnormal sperm since we got the result and unfortunately no real conclusions are available, I think it is very much a case by case basis. I have read though that sub-fertility and sterility are very different things so I'm not giving up and I'm not going to let the result put me down. I hope you can do that too, it is a really tough time and totally understand what you must be going through is you are tryiong for a baby as we are. Abyhow, good luck!
    krmla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 12:06 AM
    You have to go to the doctor but I think Antox twice daily & L-Carnitin three time daily (both for 3 months) then repeat the analysis will be good for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have abnormal bleeding after sex/hysterectomy [ 2 Answers ]

I had a (complete) hysterectomy 1 yr ago. A couple months ago I started bleeding after sex. The pain (moderate to severe) is inside. Deep inside. Before my hysterectomy, 2 yrs before, I had endometriosis. I had one ovary taken out and it was also attached to my bladder. I have had 2 c-sections...

Abnormal Bleeding [ 5 Answers ]

I am not sure how this site works but I would greatly appreciate it if my question is promtly answered.I had my mentsral cycle about 14 days ago,then on the fifteenth day I was bleeding for about 8 hours of that day,which I stopped later on that day,but then I continued bleeding for a few more...

Abnormal bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently had problems with my cycle I started to bleed 2 weeks before my per. And my doc switched off the patch to the pill. Now two months later I had light spotting for 2 days 2 weeks before my per. Again I asked my doc and she said it is the hormone levels. Well I have never been...

Abnormal psychology [ 1 Answers ]

What r the applications of abnormal psychology?

Sperm tails and sperm heads [ 1 Answers ]

Why is that sperm tails are lost before the heads? Also do heads last longer than other significant proteins like p30?

View more questions Search