Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waliwali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Can a employee sue a manager for their salary
    Hi my name is raul I am a manager and member of a LLC which owned a store
    Recently one of our employee quits last week and she has some dispute about her worked hours she went to court and filed a claim puttting my name as defendant my question is can I challenge in court that my name should not be in it instead she should put the LLC name I will appreciate yr response.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Depends on her suit. She may feel that you personally were responsible for the error in pay and that would give her the right to name you in the suit.

You can argue against that, but I don't know if you would win.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waliwali
    hi my name is raul i am a manager and member of a LLC which owned a store
    recently one of our employee quits last week and she has some dispute abt her worked hours she went to court and filed a claim puttting my name as defendant my question is can i challenge in court that my name should not be in it instead she should put the LLC name i will appreciate yr response.

When you say she filed a claim do you mean a lawsuit of some sort? A claim with Wage and Hour? Some other claim?

You can always bring the "correct" party in as a third-party Defendant.

You can also put just about anything forward as a defense - I just don't know in this case how it would be decided.

Why do you think she specifically named you? Did you hire her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary hours vs hourly employee [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a difference between the hours that a salary employee works? Hourly is from 8-9 and salary is 40 hours (does not matter what time frame)?

Salary Employee Laws [ 4 Answers ]

Is it legal for the employer to deduct hours from a salaried employee, even though the employee has worked more than eight hours a day everyday and never received overtime pay, do to the fact that he/she is salary only. The employee wants to leave early one day of the week and employer threatened...

Is there a minimum salary that a corporate boss must pay the manager of the business? [ 3 Answers ]

I am the manager of a business that has changed over to a corporation a year ago, and have been manager since it opened just 2 1/2 years ago. I make a salary of $1500 (gross) per month. I made an additional bonus for the first year and a half, but last year he decided he didn't want to pay them...

Can I Take An Employee from Salary to only Hourly [ 1 Answers ]

We have an employee who exhausts her salary pay by only getting less than lets say 32 hours or more sometimes a week. She is nonexempt and gets overtime for anything over 40 hours. She has assistance on the overtime and never does it alone. Can we change an employee from salary to hourly only.

Salary of a Horse Manager [ 1 Answers ]

What is the salary of a horse manager

View more questions Search