Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kappaman05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Preparing Teachers Throughout The Year Professional Development
    Does anyone know of a template or resource that will allow me to efficiently plan and prepare my staff for professional development/inservice days? Are there any essential topivs that should be covered during these workshops? Are there any websites that give you materials pertaining to these issues?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kappaman05
    Does anyone know of a template or resource that will allow me to efficiently plan and prepare my staff for professional development/inservice days? Are there any essential topivs that should be covered during these workshops? Are there any websites that give you materials pertaining to these issues?
    It may depend on your school district and state as to what topics you want to cover. What is your school environment like? How is staff morale? Are there discipline issues with the students that need to be addressed, ways of communicating with parents, do you want to increase community support, etc. You might even open it up to the staff and see what suggestions you get for at least some of the inservice days. Consider what your particular school's needs are, and what legislative issues need to be addressed, and go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Former Teachers? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been teaching for nearly four years now, and I have got to say I really don't enjoy it. It's not the subject matter (Chemistry, Science and Math) that bothers me, or the students. I love interacting with them. I just don't enjoy the politics of teaching. I wonder if there are any former...

For current teachers! [ 6 Answers ]

Since I was a kid, I wanted to become a teacher and if there are some teachers on this forum, I would like to hear from you. :) Your general opinion/thoughts about your job as a teacher. Thank you!

Preparing for custody hearing for my 12 year old daughter [ 8 Answers ]

My 12 year old daughter, currently live with her father and his wife. Over the past year, my daughter has been subjected to violent arguments between her dad and step mom, sometimes brought into the fight and asked to take sides. Her father is emotionally abusing her, speaking badly about me and...

Bible teachers [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is dog_skyhigh. I am a Bible scholar and teacher. Are there any of the same in this forum?

View more questions Search