Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hlat Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Caller id screen faded - can this be repaired at home?
    You know the screen that must be read on a calculator, digital clock, and phone screen? Sometimes the digits break up and fade away. The devise still works but you can't read the screen. I have a GE phone and three remote handsets that work OK - they are only a few years old - but the screens on two of the remotes can no longer be read - making caller id and call waiting impossible to use. Can these screens be repaired? I know the easy answer, throw them away and buy them again. But I would prefer repairing them but don't know how they work. This is the ultimate conserver, skinflinter, do it yourselfer coming out in me. ;)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2008, 08:01 AM
    They can be repaired, but the cost of doing so is probably prohibitive. First you would need to find a source for the LCD screen, you may have to get it directly from GE. Then you would need to see whether its just a plug in or needs to be soldered or what.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caller ID w/ Blocked Caller Activated [ 1 Answers ]

I have Caller ID with Blocked Caller activated. If anyone with blocked ID wants to call me, they must dial "*82", and then my number. This is great to stop those prank phone calls. My question is, will "*82" work for family members who use calling cards? :confused:

Questions about what I can get repaired on my new apartment [ 2 Answers ]

I'm moving in to a new apartment at the beginning of newxt month. I went in there today and notices a lot of stuff I didn't see on the initial walk-thru because it was getting dark outside and the electric was off. Two of the rooms have broken windows that are taped up and the sliding glass door...

Dog still limpy after cruciate ligament repaired. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nine year old labrador retriever who had a cruciate ligament repair on July 3rd, 2006. Three days after surgery, he developed an infection and his leg swelled up. That set him back for about two weeks. He seemed to be doing a lot better but then , as time went on, he progressively got...

Drive C is corrupted and cannot be repaired [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I brought a secondhand laptop that was working very good for a start, but then I could not get anything up on it at all, so I downloaded the windows Xp boot start up on 6 floppy disc, which work OK, then I had to use my XP windows Cd disc. Which I then did, but then a error came up...

View more questions Search