Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    z2ac2k Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 04:48 PM
    Green Thumb Garden Tiller
    Hi,

I recently purchased a 8 HP Rear Tine Green Thumb Tiller. The tiller is chain driven and the tines keep locking up. I thing that something is broke and there is a piece of dabre inside the houseing. I took the tiller apart but the tine axel is keeping me form separating the housing. The axel has 4 pins in it that look as if it is holind a rod that the tines are attached to. I took the pins out and after beating and beating nothing budges. Am I going about this the right way? It looks as if that rod should just slide off the actual axel. There looks to be no other way to get the bearing out and free up the housing to separate it. I have searched and searched and can't find nothing. It seems that I have the only green thumb tiller that was ever made. Any help would be greatly apreciated and I can send pictures if that would help. Thank you so much for your time and help.
    Please Email me at [email protected] or reply

Thanks Again and God Bless

Chase
    ste6967 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 04:09 AM
    Green Thumb is a company name. They do not make the gas motor, and I dought they make the gear case. If you can noy find the BRAND NAME tag or company name of the gear case, you will have to find a nice [tech. service ] guy from bridges or Tecum. To get the 1-800 # of the company to have a parts break-down [exploded view] faxed to you. Steve

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thumb sucking [ 5 Answers ]

What should I do to stop my daughter from sucking her finger...

5hp MTD FRTine Tiller [ 1 Answers ]

My tiller runs fine for five to ten minutes then dies.:confused:

MTD Garden Tiller [ 1 Answers ]

2005 MTD, 7 hp, garden tiller will not shift out of forward gear. Why?

Tiller/snowblower [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know where I could find sears/craftsman impliments for a 1977 sears 16/6

Green Thumb Garden Tiller [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Green Thumb Garden Tiller. I need to know where to buy a replacement part for our tiller; the cap for chain drive seal. The motor is a Briggs & Straton, the plate on it says Lawn Chief 53GT. Where I can get parts? Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search