Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marybdorrington Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Greek birth records
    Hi, do the villiages of Greece have birth (marriage and death) records written down?
    As they do in england i.e. Parish records?
    Mari
    acrules3 Posts: 76, Reputation: 3

Aug 14, 2008, 09:33 PM
    The Church will have baptismal and marriage records for ceremonies that occur there.

The Municipality will have governmental records of birth, marriage, and death; however they can be spotty the further back you go... The only sure bet is the Military Records which can give you the year of birth of Greek Citizen males that were registered in the records as far back as the mid 19th century.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my daughters name be changed on her birth records? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm going through a divorce and my daughter's name is my maiden name on her birth records because I wasn't married at the time she was born. Plus I didn't name her father on the birth records either because we weren't together at the time. Now he wants her to have his last name. Is there a way that...

Greek birth certicate [ 1 Answers ]

We're living in canada - how can I get a copy of my partner's birth certificate. His birth is registered in pireaus, greece.

Obtaining Greek Birth Certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if it is possible or if there is an easy way to track down a copy of my grandfathers birth certificate? We know that he was born in Greece but are not sure whereabouts. Is there any easy way to do this without going to Greece and visiting each local authority and checking...

Obtaining my Greek Birth Certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in Athens Greece in 1980 to Australian parents and now live in Australia as an Australian citizen. Does nayone know the process I can go through to obtain a copy of my birth certificate as I am getting married in November and need to get it ASAP. Any help is greatly appreciated

View more questions Search