Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    11ken111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Dirt around pool
    After waiting 2 weeks for the pool to settle, would it be a good idea to put a black tar or a undercoating around the area you are going to build up with dirt so the frame & track won't rust?
    I'm looking to build up the lowest point approx 6 inches high.

Thanks in advance
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 12, 2008, 07:32 AM
    I'm sorry I just don't understand this question. Is this one of those ornamental watergardens? There is no waiting period for the pool to settle that I know of. Anyone that works in construction will tell you undisturbed earth tends to stay that way, objects at rest tend to stay at rest unless acted on by external forces. If for some reason you want dirt to settle just water it down and it will sink right away. That doesn't take 2 weeks. The tar would be harmful to fish or plants just like the tar in cigarettes kills all of us. Use a thick sort of plastic like 4mil or thicker black plastic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool player wanting to start a pool hall in indianapolis [ 1 Answers ]

Simply; if anyone reading this is interested in starting a pool hall in indianapolis please reply. My name is lucas I have been around pool for over ten years and I currently work at a pool hall on the east side. My funds are low but, my will is high. I have several good ideas. Contact me...

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

Big mound of dirt [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a house with a enormous mound of dirt in the back yard. It is so big that are dog keeps jumping over the fence. What is the best way of removing this dirt? We have already removed 6 wheelbarrow full of dirt and re-alocated it throughout the garden. My husband says it would take...

Cat dirt in my garden [ 11 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me a proven cure for keeping cats out of my garden, I've tried orange peel, garlic cloves and other than getting a dog don't know what to do next. I don't want to hurt them, just don't want them making my garden smelly.

View more questions Search