Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrew.kretz Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Need Unique Gift Idea for Wife
    Hello all, I am currently deployed over in Iraq and I am trying to find a unique gift on line to send to my wife to put a smile on her face and let her know that I think about her 24/7. Thank you.:confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2006, 08:58 AM
    Thank you for your service to our Country, andrew!

Do you have access to any shops or vendors there where you might be able to find something unique, pretty, cool or neat?
    Catseyes Posts: 51, Reputation: 5

Mar 10, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Rickj : The problem with buying something in Iracq is that he would probably have to pay a lot to get it sent to the US ( customs declaration, postage cost... ). And it is possible it will never arrive...
    But maybe being in the army, there are special postal services ( I do not know about that... )

Andrew : I hope you're doing OK in Iracq.
    For ideas, depends on your budget. Also, is a special day coming soon ( birthday, anniversary... ) ?
    Whatever your answer is, I would suggest something not too expensive : ads on TV promote the idea " you have to spend a lot to make your woman happy". I am a female myself, and I think it's crap !
    You could try inexpensive jewelry from kay or zales like a necklace or bracelet : she could wear it everyday.
    Flowers ( using the online services ) are OK, but they will last only a couple f days.
    Does she like to read ? A nice book from Amazon could be great : surprise when you receive it, plus time spent to read it!
    But no book like " 10 ways to get skinny " or " how you can become a reat cook " : she could take it not too well... :p

I do not know if that's possible, but if it is : try to buy an online gift certifiacte for a nearby spa, then send her the email with the certificate : she would get pampered thanks to you !

Those are my ideas so far. Hope this helps!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 10, 2006, 10:20 AM
    If you have access to a digital camera that takes short videos, I'm positive your wife would love it if you emailed her a short video telling her that you love her and you're always thinking of her. If a video isn't possible, then maybe a picture of you with a big smile, holding a sign saying "I LOVE YOU AND I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU!"

Thank you for serving, Andrew. Good luck over there!
    cowgirlupmay23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 10:38 AM
    I just checked out this site. You may find something on here that she would love. Great "Classic" bracelets... try www.sorrelli.com
    cowgirlupmay23 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 10:38 AM
    And Thank you for your service for our Country. Stay safe and God Bless you!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2006, 10:51 AM
    Spa gift certificate for a half day package - how wrong can you go with that! :D
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Mar 10, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Go to the main website of the city your wife lives in(if it's a bigger town or city) and a lot of times they will have links on there for healthspas etc. That is a great gift idea, I know that from experience (that's what my husband got me for Christmas)... otherwise there is a lot of unique jewelry websites like Gwensjewelry.com etc. just do a Google search "unique jewelry" or "unique gift ideas" Hope this helps! Thank you for your service to our country
    andrew.kretz Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2006, 06:43 PM
    Thank you all very much for the gift ideas. I have tried to buy stuff here in Iraq, however I have noticed that what you buy in the shops at the camp are about double or triple the costs of what I can get on line or back home. So I figured buying on line is the best way for now. And thank you also for your support to the country for supporting us. God Bless!
    appolloniBAKER Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2006, 10:43 AM
    Someone said flowers only last a few days but, having someone bring flowers to the door from your husband overseas really lets us know that you're thinking about us. The spa idea is a great one too. We need it!
    cheerldcpt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2006, 02:02 PM
    Hi,
    The gifts that I love are little gifts such as..
    Sephora.com has tons of cool makeup and feminine items. I love shopping there online. I always love nail polish also.
    I love getting lotions and shower gels from bath and body works online. These are small things that makes us feel good.
    I hope this helps
    pazzazz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 11:06 PM
    Hi Andrew,

I agree with the others. A short video and some pictures would be the most touching kind of gift. But some people--many people--like to know you spent money on them.

If your wife likes jewelry, any of these places are good starting points for good quality, low priced jewelry:

- http://www.amazon.com
    - http://www.overstock.com
    - http://www.naturesbracelets.com

Good luck!
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Aug 9, 2006, 11:39 PM
    Thank you for what you are doing in Iraq. The spa idea is great,and maybe you could record a favorite song for her or send her a c.d. of her favorite music to listen to after the spa visit. If my husband were over there,just knowing he is o.k.and thinking of me would be enough. I wouldn't think you would need to spend a lot.
    robinad Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Feb 17, 2011, 03:55 AM
    Check online for gift ideas. Also I would ask her if there's anything special she wants. There's no shame in being direct.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 05:40 AM

Robin, please pay attention to the dates on the thread. I would hope that he has found a gift in the five years since he posted this question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Unique pet names for a kitten [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I'm new. I was looking for pet names when I found this site. I was wondering if anyone had any or could come up with any ideas on pet names for a cat, with ice cream being the topic, that are unique, that you wouldn't mind me considering for my new kitten. She is calico with short hair. I've...

Need SERIOUS Help with gift idea! [ 6 Answers ]

I am 22 years old and have been bestest friends with Tess since we were 4 years old, yep that's 18 years - a really old time. She is very dear to me and the truest friend I've ever had but that also means we've given each other every possible B-day and Christmas gift under the sun. Seriously, I am...

Win server 2003: unique problem [ 6 Answers ]

One morning, I cannot log on to the domain. All clients cannot logon. Netlogon is not working so I cannot use mapped drives. I cannot run tool like DCdiag. Event viewer - Event ID 13516 - FRS (File replication service) is no longer preventing the computer... from becoming a domain controller. ...

Looking for unique clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I want to find some clothes that may be rave/futuristic/technoey ( I think I just made a new word )/ j.street style looking. Can anyone help? :cool:

Help: Unique design for a gown [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there! My sister's getting married next year. I need suggestions/unique designs for my gown. Thanks.

View more questions Search