Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britatsea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 05:03 PM
    British mother, Nigerian father in Texas can I take children to UK?
    I am a British woman married to a Nigerian man. We have been married for 14 years, lived in Texas for 9 years. Two of our kids were born in England, two in Texas.
    My husband is an engineer working on an h1, I have a spousal visa h4.
    My problem is my husband has become addicted to drugs, he's lost three jobs this year, crashed his car, moved out, declared bankruptcy and been arrested for felony drug possession.
    I can't work on my visa, the bankruptcy has been dismissed so my house and car are about to be repossessed, we've had no money in 5 months and my husband says he won't allow me to take the children to England.
    There are no custody issues in the court, there's a chance that he may be deported back to Nigeria as a result of the drug charge, we have no money and shortly no vehicle or house. Can I take the kids to England without his permission?
    Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 05:15 PM
    I do not see why not, not much he can do locked up, and no court order stoping you.
    britatsea Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 05:28 PM
    He is not currently locked up, but free on bail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French mother, american father 5 children then became us citizen [ 2 Answers ]

My mother was born in France, married my American father had 5 children, became a U.S. citizen then had another child. Are we eligible for dual citizenship between France and the U.S.

Father won't see children [ 2 Answers ]

My son-in-law won't see his children. He and my daughter have been divorced three years and last June, he stopped seeing his children. His daughter was very close to him and is having a bad time with this. She is almost nine years old. She blames herself because the last time he wanted her to...

Threatened with depotation but got british children [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me. My husband Ahmed Nawaz Cheema born 23/09/1983 has been taken to a immigration detention center hamndsworth. He overstayed his visa we fell in love and we got married by islamic law. We have two children. I ask you please don't take my husband away from me please don't take my...

Should I let the father of my children see them [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-husband took me to court in July last year because I refused to let him see our 3 children, one of which does not know who he is as we split when she was tiny, the court case was dismissed in march as he did not show up for the hearing. In September I decided to let him see the children, he...

View more questions Search