Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Mar 10, 2006, 08:18 AM
    ISP marketing/sales
    I am entering into ISP sales with some sales experience, but in other areas, does anyone have any good websites or books that they know about on this subject? It would be appreciated! :)
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 10, 2006, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgirl
    I am entering into ISP sales with some sales experience, but in other areas, does anyone have any good websites or books that they know about on this subject? It would be appreciated! :)
    ISP's sell all sorts of services so I'm not sure which area you're going to work on. If you provide us with more specifics as to which area you'll be in maybe someone can offer some targeted advice.

From personal experience, ISP's can sell all sorts of things such as Internet Access (Wholesale Dial-up, T1's, T3's, OC's, Metro, DWDM, Frame-Relay, ATM, etc), Hosting (Colo, Managed, etc), Services (Security, VPN, etc), and others. These are but few examples and typically you have specialized sales people in each of those areas.

Casey

Mar 10, 2006, 08:53 AM
    I'm selling T1, bonded,protected and full, co-location, DNS registration, hosting, ISDN, DSL, and dial-up, but my main focus is business T1 sales

Mar 10, 2006, 09:12 AM
    And we're a small isp... local... so there really isn't a sales "team"
    Check us out www.rockriver.net
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 10, 2006, 10:55 AM
    So you want to know about T1's. There are lots of resources out there on T1's for beginners to experts. If you do a Google search on "T1 Primer" you'll get several hits that might help you get started. I wouldn't recommend any one particular site since not knowing how much you know or want to know will make any recommendation too much or too little.

Do the Google search and start from there. I did that and found off the top some sites which start basic and get advanced. Hope that helps.

Good Luck.

Casey

Mar 10, 2006, 11:12 AM
    Thanks, I know the basics of what a T1 is and how it works etc. but I could always use more information... I appreciated that tip... because when I look up "T1" it just gives me a lot of advertisers websites... and when I look up "what is a T1" it gives me websites with info that I already know but "t1 primer" gives me a whole diff. list of websites. :) THanks for all of your help today!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Break Into Marketing? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an associates degree in business management. I was a full time mother for many years working sporadically when I wanted; since then the businesses I have worked for have gone out of business, or the managers have moved on leaving me with no references. For the past year and a half...

Online marketing [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone suggest the best way I can market my websites? I have been posting my website everyday on a free ads site and earn about $250 per month just from that site(has heavy traffic). I have come across some software that says "message board blaster", "classified ad blaster" and some...

Question on Marketing [ 1 Answers ]

Indetify and discuss the ethical and social reponsibility issues that face mordern marketing May you help me with this Question on Marketing

Marketing [ 1 Answers ]

What are the 4 p's of marketing?

View more questions Search