Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    36907710735 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Resident allien status
    If I settle a case of a 2nd degree felony, can it affect my resident allien status?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 04:20 PM
    As long as you are not going to apply for naturalization, you're fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

B1 status changed to J1 visa , filing tax as non resident vs resident [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have been in the US for 1.5 years. I arrived on July 2006 to work as a physician alien and research scholar. I was previously in the US partially for at least 6 months each of the previous years from 2002 to 2005 on a B1 visa. When I came to the US in 2006 I had a J1 visa. I filled last...

W4 marital status filling? Non-resident on F1 OPT married with non-resident on F2 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got married, in Massachusetts, on August 10th 2007, and now I started to understand a little bit better how the W4 form works for non-residents in F1 Visa with an OPT (Optional Practical Training) autorization. The situation is that my wife is on a F1 Visa, she graduated on May...

Tax status of child living away in home country of resident allien [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on H1-B status since May 2005. And My wife has been on H1-B Status since June 2005. We both on H1-B status for the complete year 2006. We are bringing our daughter to USA for the first time this end of April or First week of May on My H4 dependent VISA. Is there any IRS rule...

Tax status about child living away in home country of resident allien [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Me and My wife are from India and both of us working in USA on H1B visa status. We have a 7 year old daughter who is staying with her grand parents in India and studying There. We send money to her grand parents for all her expenses. Now we are decided to Bring our daughter this end of...

F-1 to H-1B - Am I a dual-status allien? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help me with my tax problems. I was on F-1 since August 15, 2003 until September 14, 2005. Then I was on OPT from Sep 15 2005 to Sep 14 2006, and I have been being on H-1B in September 15, 2006. My 2005 tax was treated as a nonresident tax. However I am not sure about my status in...

View more questions Search