Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Gal 5:16-18
    16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
    17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
    18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
    (KJV)

Does this help any?
    :)

So we walk sown to the Spirit with our faith in Jesus:)

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment [is] a lamp; and the law [is] light; and reproofs of instruction [are] the way of life:

Remembering that we will reap what is sown from free will.. Your choice good or bad.
    Criado Posts: 142, Reputation: 15

Jul 1, 2008, 01:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by XxRoosterXx
    I would like to know some opinions on smoking....... Also, wouldn't piercings and tattoos be considered in the same light?
    Smoking is prohibited by bible because it is form of vise. Likewise, there is biblical prohibition for piercings and tattoos.

I have seen many many christians that curse, drink and smoke.
    They are just Christians by name not in spirit. Christians means followers of Christ. If someone do not follow the laws of Christ, even if he claims to be, then, he's not really a Christian.

Actually I have went to many different churches and they all seem to believe differently which makes no sense. Yet they teach out of the same bible. Is it the way they interpret?
    Matthew 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 05:55 AM
    I really agree with Mopar and moonlit's replies.
    God wants us to go for a pure heart and he will convict your heart of the rest in his time.
    Many people do not listen to their spirit telling them to give up smoking, swearing etc...
    All you can do is ask God to guide you and show you and help you to grow closer to him.
    It is up to God's grace and mercy how he deals with the others or if they even listen.
    johnmize Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 02:41 PM
    1 cor. 6:19 speaks of fornication... You should never take verses out of context. I am 6 hours away from a bachelor degree in ministry and have studied intensely. I have not read anything on this subject of smoking. Pray and follow god's leading.
    johnmize Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 03:06 PM
    1 cor. 6: 19 speaks of fornication, never take verses out of context to suit your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you really have to have a religion? [ 11 Answers ]

Is having a religion really important is / is it something you really need?? :(

Your Religion [ 14 Answers ]

Do you know your religion? I mean, how did it get started by whom and in what year and what does it teach!

Religion [ 9 Answers ]

Well, I was not raised in church, My in-laws quilted me into it when I was about 21. I believed every thing I heard for years, I tried to "prove" it. I felt like I had to see evidence of the spirit. I rasied two kids in church until they were old even to make up their own mind. THEN I started...

Religion [ 1 Answers ]

What is the official teaching of the catholic church regarding people of other faiths ability to get into heven

View more questions Search