Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ergaham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 10:46 AM
    How do I repair tear on leather sofa
    What is the best way to repair a rip on a leather sofa? The rip is about 5 inches long and is on a seam.
    johney Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 02:08 AM

Tears in leather can be difficult to repair and it is not something I would suggest you undertake yourself especially with that size of tear and in theseat cushion.
    Qualified leather technicians are trained how to repair such damage but would need to see the damage before assessing its feasibility.

The whole panel can be replaced and matched to the rest of the sofa. This is something we do all the time for insurance companies as the leather grain pattern has to be matched and the panel recoloured to the rest of the suite. The only problem would be is if it were a Bicast leather as this is difficult/impossibe to replace.

The leather magic kit suggested will not fix a tear but only surface damage

Thanks for sharing..

[Advertising removed. It's against site policy to advertise in posts.]
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2010, 12:59 AM
    Thread is now very old and archived. But, thread will remain open because there haven't been hardly any responses.

Thanks!
    LeatherCare Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 12:17 AM
    If its on the seam I would assume that the stitching has broken and come loose. It is possible to re-stitch this from the outside but this is quite tricky so would recommend asking a professional to take a look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Super glue from leather sofa [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas on how to remove super glue on a leather sofa? A very small amount was dripped on it and Im not sure how to get it off without ruining the leather. Thank you

Repair: Cat Scratches on Leather Recliner [ 7 Answers ]

I have known that cats and leather furniture have never been a good combination. So for the length of my ownership of my leather recliner, I have had it covered with an old heavy comforter to protect it when not in use. In the two years that I've had it, I haven't had a problem, but a few days...

Leather Furniture Repair [ 3 Answers ]

How do I repair a huge hole in leather furniture??

Leather sofa Aspen reclining american signature [ 2 Answers ]

Reclining leather sofa issue. I have a roommate who managed to gain about 100 lbs in 6 months. One of my reclining chairs does not recline as smoothly as it once did. This was her seat since moving in. She always sat on that side. These sofas are brand new. Well about a month ago she switched to...

My Dachshund is eating my leather sofa.. help [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know what to do... he has eaten a whole in the leather couch and ripped out the seam in a cushion. :confused: I've tried cleaning it, but he did more damage. Can anyone help?

View more questions Search