Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talyasmom01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2006, 09:05 PM
    Minors having sex in ca
    Where can I find the law in print for the state of CA on minors having sex with minors?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2006, 03:12 AM
    I'm reading that California law says that a minor cannot legally consent to sex, period (unless married - and the sex is with the spouse).

Many articles about this here.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2006, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talyasmom01
    Where can I find the law in print for the state of CA on minors having sex with minors?
    It depends on their ages. If there is less than a 3 year difference between them, then nothing can be done.

See: http://ageofconsent.com/california.htm

While the age of consent in CA is 18, there is a 3 yr leeway. So a 20yrs old could have sex with a 17yr old. A 19yr old with a 16yr old, and so on.

It should also be noted that CA looks at each case individually to determine whether to prosecute or not.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2006, 07:10 AM
    One thought you can not forget, even if it may not be a sat rape in law, the family courts can also look at "any" conduct of a minor to see if he is a delinquent and needs intervention of the court.

So if the girls or even the boys family files a complaint, the family court can see if they need to be invovled and order anything from counseling, boot camp or detention to better control the actions of a minor.
    Things to not have to always break criminal codes for the family court to get involved.
    Melanie82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2006, 01:44 AM
    Speaking from experience, kids will be kids. If this is what they want to do, they will find a way. I have found that being understanding goes a long way with adolescents. Suggest to the children that if they think they are mature enough to make adult decisions, they should handle them in adult- like ways. Make them do some research. They need to properly informed about protection, STD's, teen pregnancy, emotional stress, etc. Let them talk to someone who has been in "their shoes". Maybe after a little sexual education, they might decide that waiting would be a better idea.
    concernfriendtx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 02:53 PM
    MY friend's daugther when tto Ca to visit her father and while in his house his brother in law of 22 yrs old had sex with her several times, she has only told one person and the girl is only 12 the second problem is the 22 yrs and father are very close to a church and the 22 yrs runs the youth group, please advise
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 17, 2010, 03:51 PM
    Sorry, but this post is very old.

Concern, you need to post your own question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uniform Gift to Minors Act (UGMA) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi: I want to invest my children's UGMA money in a piece of realestate. The verbiage I read clearly states the acceptability of financial vehicles, and also "property." I'm fairly certain that realestate is permissible, but I'm unable to find any language to prove this. Does anyone know anything...

Minors [ 1 Answers ]

In houston Texas is it illegal for a 17 year old to move out of their parents house? Or can his or her parents doing something about it?

Minors having sex! [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering what laws in CA are there for a 17yr old male to have sex with a 16 yr old female. Can the 17 yr old be charged with unlawful sex with a minor even though they are both minors. Where can I find more informationon this topic?

View more questions Search