Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmed1971 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 05:37 AM
    What is this antibiotic
    Four years ago I had a difficult extraction of a molar. I was given an antibiotic and had an adverse reaction. I had the name written down and stored in my medicine cabinet. I have moved recently and the paper was lost. I need the name of that medicine. I remember that it was an antibiotic I had never even heard of and when I researched it the uses were for dental patients and AIDS patients. If anyone can give me a few suggestions, I think I will recognize the name when I see it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Amoxicillin?

Keflex?
    kmed1971 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    Amoxicillin?

Keflex?
    No. Whatever it was I know that it isn't something we commonly run in to. I have 3 kids. I have seen a lot of medicine. I am still search the web for clues.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Clindamycin
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Call the dentist or pharmacy... hopefully they put it in your files.
    thoughtiwastheman Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Jun 11, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Is it doxycycline or metronidazole?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Erythromycin?

Penicillin?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Unfortunately there are thousands of antibiotics. Some are used for various reasons, however, others can be used instead if there are allergic reactions.

I hate to sound harsh, but there is no way on the face of the earth to tell you what the name of this particular antibiotic is.

You will need to contact the pharmacy that you had the script filled to find out what antibiotics you were prescribed during this time to narrow it down.
    kaetia Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Probably metronidazole.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it bad to use antibiotic ointment? [ 12 Answers ]

I am using antibiotic ointment on my face due to breakout:confused: because my skin type is sensitive, so it breakout very easily:o . When I use antibiotic ointment my skin does not break out:p but I don't know whether I have to keep use it or not.

Antibiotic Resistant Staph Infection! [ 15 Answers ]

Over the course of the last two years, I was getting these annoying boils. Most of them were small (pimple sized) but they hurt and they would last for a couple of weeks. However, on 4 occasions, I got some very big boils: one on my thigh that finally went away, one at my belt line that also went...

Medication for Candida after antibiotic treatment [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, Recently my daughter (6) had strep throat. Shortly after, my son (3), my husband, and I all had strep throat and the whole family was on antibiotics. My son was the first one to show signs of oral yeast. The Dr. prescribed him Nistatin swish and swallow. Although it helped, it did not cure...

Can't think of the name of the antibiotic [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with the kind of antibiotic that is a pink pill and while you are taking it you are not supposed to eat any dairy products or get direct sunlight?

Good antibiotic pill form for ance. [ 3 Answers ]

Besides accutane, which is given to those only with severe acne, are there other pills that work as well that the doctor can give. My acne is bad but not so severe that the dr. will give me accutane. I need recommendations. Help...

View more questions Search