Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 05:18 AM
    P90X Results?
    Has anyone tried the P90X routine? If so, what were you results?
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 19, 2008, 11:20 AM
    I tried it last summer for 3 months and LOVED IT. I lost 23 pounds of fat and gained 9 pounds of muscle. I had to quit but I am starting back up this week.
    Vision Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Awesome, was it difficult? I am thinking of trying it... but I'm kind of weak...

Jun 20, 2008, 07:02 AM
    I am very weak also. I had to use a chair to help me do the pull ups and I had to do the push ups on my knees but even with all that I still got great results. The only thing is you must follow the nutrition strictly. It is very important to eat the way they tell you. I didn't see results the first 30 days but then I started eating the way it told me and I started seeing the results. It is tough because you have to eat A lot of food but it has to be healthy food. I was eating 2200 calories a day. WHEW... very hard to get that much food in.

Community Message Boards - Powered by eve community

Here are the message boards you can look at and see the results people have gotten.
    Vision Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Are you male or female?

Jun 24, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Male, most females eat about 1800-2000 calories a day on it.
    Vision Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Holy crap. My diet now is 1200 calories. I think 2000 is way too much for me... Although I think this program will take too much time, I just started my third job so my time is very limited now a days.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 08:26 PM
    chi, I'm glad you asked about P90x... I thought I was the only one that was on it.

As you know (or don't know), I'm a 22-year old male, recent college grad... I thought I was in relatively decent shape... I dropped about 30 lbs over the past 6 months after losing a girlfriend (excess weight)

I got on P90X about 2 months ago... and I got to say... it whoops my butt... every... single... day.

unlike path, I thought I'd be the tough guy and follow the routine like they did (straight chin ups without the chair, straight pushups, etc)...

first week, I was wishing for the sweet kiss of death.

However, I've seen tremendous results. I'm a LOT stronger than I used to be (benched 160 before... 2 months later, I'm hitting 185) and I can do roughly 350 crunches a day. It's insane.
    Vision Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 08:29 PM
    It sounds great, perhaps if they had a more time compacted routine, lol. I spend enough energy on work. Where is that MAGIC weight loss pill when you need it?
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Haha, if anything, I suggest trying the ab-ripper video... maybe do about 10 - 15 minutes of it.

I promise you, if you do what they do, you'll consider calling the paramedics afterwards.
    Vision Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Lol. Can I buy just that one?
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Fraid not... sadly. Got to shell out big moneyyyY!
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Oops. Take it back. Go to eBay and type in ab ripper. Quite a selection.
    Vision Expert

Jun 24, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Okay, thanks!
    lmm9607 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2008, 08:44 AM
    I'm wrapping up my week12 routine this week! The following week is recovery. I haven't exactly been too faithful to the full program, though. I mean, I've done EVERY workout routine weekly without skipping (legs, back, arms, etc.. ), but haven't done the cardio sections... but only because I like to go out for 30 minute runs better ( I do so twice a week in addition to the program - but been slacking on abs). So, I do the body parts routine, but not the kenpo, or stretch or yoga (though I promised myself that I would start incorporating it on the next program (probably my own mix of P90X)). Each workout is 1 hour long, including the warm up and cool down... so it's not exactly completely crazy as I've heard from other sites/comments. It's intensity is that it's sort of done circuit-like... so you get some calorie burn. I would say that to maintain a certain healthy level, you could easily cut each workout in half and do 30 minutes. I think this program is not as extreme as it claims to be. It's hard, no doubt about it, but it's not some crazy navy seal workout, either - where you're climbing ropes and dragging 150lb manequins.. so don't be scared of it. It's fun, trust me... and you'll get some nice results... I can assure you of that. The nice thing I found is that you don't get bored doing 4 or 5 exercises, 4 sets of each. It's all different exercises through 24 sets. I found it's fun. Like any other workout, keep it up and don't give up, because that's what gets results... dedication - at least in my eyes. What I discovered is that the most important part of getting results (probably not just with p90x) is the nutrition. Also, don't get discouraged during your first couple of months, the transformation that occurs in the last 3 weeks are amazing... not sure how that happens but it does. In your last month, you can really take control of how you're developing by adjusting the way you eat. Nutrition is everything. Hope this helps. I will probably post pictures somewhere online when I'm done next week. Not ripped, but I look "fit" for sure. Really fit.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2008, 09:48 PM
    I have not tried this routine in terms of buying this package... but having read through some of the promo stuff... looks to me like a solid cross training program.

As I've said before in threads like this, the more you confuse your body with a good workout, the better the response will be. Your body doesn't want to have that six pack... darwin says a little extra weight is good for lean times... so you have to keep your body guessing.

My wife used to run for fitness. Period. Shed pound out the miles until she cranked it in. but it took so much work.

Then she cut the running down by a third, added pilates and yoga, and then tae bo and weights. The results were great. Honestly, she still doesn't have a six pack... but she has lines and definition that let her wear whatever she wants to wear. She is strong and powerful and confident. She is stronger, tighter, and more fit now at 35+ than ever before.

You MUST cross train to keep your body from adjusting to the routine.

So... I don't know this program intimately... but I do much of what it seems to promote.

Of all the things you've asked about chi-momma, id say run with this one hard until the end and you'll be pleased.
    Vision Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 01:30 AM
    The thing about this is, though, that I just started a third job so finding the time for this is going to be a bit challenging, although it does seem like a great program.

Jul 3, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Isneezefunny... are you on the p90x workout boards forum? I belong to the northwoods team with tami and mike french. I also have my own thread just keeping track of my progress UK-Tony
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 07:22 AM
    No I did not join the boards, how is it? Is it any good?

Jul 3, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Fantastic. You should check them out. Its free and my gosh you meet a lot of great people who will keep you motivated. It great just to see the results people have gotten

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We need the lap results of WOE [ 11 Answers ]

Though I was sensitive and red in my front and back area of the arm pits from using world of entertainment, I got to say that I was using kojic acid as well may be together they made me sensitive. WOE is the only product I really really really liked (hair, skin pills and mega blast, very expensive...

HCG results [ 1 Answers ]

Last Thursday I had a tubal ligation done. The doctor informed me that my HCG level was 9.58 when it should have been closer to 2. I went in for some more blood work today but I do not know how to read the stupid results. I guess my question is... how do you read these and is it likely that I am in...

Chkdsk /f results [ 1 Answers ]

Once in a while, I will run chkdsk /f just to make sure everything is "ok" After the scan is finished... it blue screens the results of the scan, but only for 1 or 2 seconds. How can I either "pause" or keep the info there long enough to see what was wrong. I did a check today, and I...

View more questions Search