Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bccunn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2004, 10:40 PM
    Percentages Word Problem
    You want to paint a room in your house. A technician of Home Depot uses the computer to analyze your current paint and tells you that it is a 22% blue paint. However, Home Depot only sells 20% blue and 30% blue paints. How many gallons of 20% and 30% paints you need to mix to make 10 gallons of 22% paint??
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Mar 2, 2005, 12:59 PM
    Mixtures
    (.8 gallons) x (20% paint) + (.2 gallons) x (30% paint) = (1 gallons) x (22% paint).

Multiply the gallons by 10:

(8 gallons) x (20% paint) + (2 gallons) x (30% paint) = (10 gallons) x (22% paint).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Word Problem [ 2 Answers ]

One printing shop charges $5 plus $.02 perpage and a second shop charges $7 plus $.015 per page. If ___ pages are printed, the total cost is less for the first printing shop. a. less than 1500 b. less than 2100 c. less than 400 d. less than 900 I got c for my answer. Just checking to see...

Algrbra Word Problem-Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

A bin in a nut store contains 100 lb of amixture of almonds, peanuts, and raisins. Almonds sell for $1.89/lb, peanuts for $1.58/lb, and raisins for $1.39/lb. If the mixture contains twice as many pounds of peanuts as almonds, and if the total value of the almonds and the raisins in the mixture is...

Word Problem [ 1 Answers ]

You are going on a vacation and you decide to rent a car rather than using your own. You want to rent the car for 3 days and after surfing the internet for specials, found the following which includes tax: Big Money Car Rental: $30 per day, unlimited mileage. Dippity Do Car Rental: $25 per...

Word 2000 Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I put files onto a disc from my school and then loaded a Microsoft file, Microsoft word loads but only squares appear in the document. Anyone help, is it something to do with having a different os from the school, I have xp home and I think they have nt? Please could someone help me?

View more questions Search