Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maynardg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
    AC vs Refrigeration
    What is the difference between AC and refrigeration.

Thanks,
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2006, 07:16 PM
    I think refrigeration refers to the process of compressing and cooling a gas to liquefy it, and then letting it evaporate for cooling. It is the usually process for food storage, refrigerators and freezers, and for providing conditioned living spaces, air conditioning. Most modern equipment uses Freon. Newer grades of Freon are believed to be less of a problem destroying the ozone layer.

In the past ammonia, carbon disulfide, and propane were used instead of Freon.

Industrially water towers are still important. Water runs down through an air stream. Part of the water evaporates cooling the rest. This is sometimes used for air conditioning. It was such a system that caused Legionnaires disease years ago.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 10:06 PM
    Air conditioning is taking air and making it more comfortable by adding heat or taking heat out adding moisture or taking moisture out or many other things that people do to make their lives more comfortable. Refrigeration is just one of the many ways to take the heat our of the air.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Mar 13, 2006, 08:35 AM
    But they both do the same thing, remove heat, thereby lowering temp...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solenoid valve in refrigeration system [ 6 Answers ]

HI I have a question about Refrigration system that has two evaporator in one line, and each one has solenoid valae. What I want to know, why each one has solenoid valve, what is the purpose of that?

View more questions Search