Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Preferred shares?
    If you own 1000 preferred shares what percentage of the company do you own?

Answer: Zero but why?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 10:43 PM
    Since preferred stock is still stock, and since stock is ownership, I have to assume either the answer is wrong, or it's a trick question. I don't get it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preferred stocks [ 3 Answers ]

Fee Founders has preferred stock outstanding that pays a dividend of $5 at the end of each year. The preferred stock sells for $60 a share. What is the preferred stock’s required rate of return?

Shares [ 1 Answers ]

Miss Olufemi,Mr. Theophils Okine and Mrs. Lampety-Mills are shareholders of Groover Ventures Ltd.They had equal percentage of the issued shared of Groover Ventures Ltd.All the shareholders are directors of the company.Miss Olufemi and Mr. Okine hold Executives positions in the company.As a result...

Co-op shares [ 2 Answers ]

I need advice about my shares being taken away by the corporation. We were in a court battle spanning about 7 years. The dispute is over money, as usual. I requested proof of their claim(s) against me. I got no answer. I asked my attorney to look into the matter. Apparently he hasn't. ...

Shares applied for and shares alloted [ 2 Answers ]

I am a bit confused - the following is a question in my assignment: Xx Ltd was registered on 1 Jan with a capital of R80 000, divided into 10 000 5% preff shares @ R2.00 each, and 30 000 ordinary shares of R2.00 each. Preff shares were fully subscribed and duly allotted, but only 25 000 ordinary...

66% shares [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I owned the 66% of one company Can I sell this company even when the guy that owned the other 33 % does not want to? Florida company

View more questions Search