Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Jun 10, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Running a vent to bathroom from central ac/heat
    I want to run a 4" vent to my bathroom from the central ac. It is located in the attic and above the bathroom. I just replaced all the ductwork for the whole house. It's probably about less than 4' to the bathroom ceiling. Do I cut into the box and install a 4" collar and run the ductwork or use a wye? The ductwork I have is 7".
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 03:12 PM
    If you put in a wye, it will probably take away from whichever room the duct was going to,a duct all buy itself is best,, 4 inch is usually good for a bathroom unless its bigger than average

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Heat and Air Unit Keeps running [ 1 Answers ]

My central heat and air unit does not shut off. I have an electronic thermostat. I have turn the controls to "off", tried setting the temp to a higher level to get it to kick off. Nothing has worked

Compressor quit running on my central AC [ 8 Answers ]

I have an older Rheem central AC unit at my house, I'm afraid I can't find the model number anywhere. The compressor quit running but the fan still runs. I've played around with the unit, the contactor is working and if I bypass the capacitor for the compressor I can get it to run for about a...

Smell from bathroom sink drain and air flow while central forced heat is on [ 1 Answers ]

In the 1st floor slab bathroom, hissing air comes out of the sink drain whenever the central heat comes on. In addition, the air that comes out, of course smelly like sewage. Now, I know I can do the bleach procedure, but what I don't get is why the air is flowing. There is a p trap in place,...

Connecting dryer vent to bathroom vent? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know if I can connect my dryer vent to my bathroom vent using a t-connection? Thanks Me

Knocking in central air while unit is not running [ 1 Answers ]

I am hearing loud knocking noises inside the air handler unit of my central air/heat unit located in my attic. This knocking is intermittent and I have only heard it while the unit is not running. I did not notice the noise until the winter and I started using the heat. Any ideas of what this...

View more questions Search