Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mackenzien Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 12:26 PM
    US marrying EEA national to work in UK
    I am currently engaged to an EEA national and to be wed next week. We plan on moving to the UK from the US in August where we both have employment contracts, however we have not found a permanent address in the UK.

We plan on applying for the EEA family visa which enables me to work in the UK (correct?). Do I (as a US citizen) fill this out or does my husband (EEA national) complete this and fill in details about me on it.

Will it be a major concern that we do not have a place to live yet? What other concerns should I be aware of in this situation.

Thank you in advance for the advice!
    CarrieJane1977 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzien
    I am currently engaged to an EEA national and to be wed next week. We plan on moving to the UK from the US in August where we both have employment contracts, however we have not found a permanent address in the UK.

We plan on applying for the EEA family visa which enables me to work in the UK (correct?). Do I (as a US citizen) fill this out or does my husband (EEA national) complete this and fill in details about me on it.

Will it be a major concern that we do not have a place to live yet? What other concerns should I be aware of in this situation.

Thank you in advance for the advice!
    I have heard that the best way to work with this is to physically go to the UK as a traveler. Once there, you begin the process of citizenship.
    Especially since you both have employment there, and one of you is already a citizen, all you need is a place to live, I can't really see this being a huge issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

National Geographic [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently come across 519 issues dating from the current back to 1952 national geographic magazines. I am looking to sell them on eBay and currently there is only one issue missing. I am wondering how much to start bidding at. I have looked on eBay and for something similar but not in as good...

What is the process for marrying a French national? [ 1 Answers ]

My French boyfriend has recently become my French fiancé, but I'm American. We want to get married and France and live THERE versus America. I'd really love it if someone could clear things up for me. I've been to multiple web sites, but they all tend to be a little different. We don't care...

National ID [ 32 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of the National ID and "the mark of the beast"? What are your thoughts? WorldNetDaily: Is coming national ID 'mark of the beast'?

Formalities in Marrying a French National [ 1 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/confused.gif :confused: Dear Askme, My nephew wants to marry a French national. The girl has expressed to settle in India after the marriage. Kindly advice me on all the legal formalities that need to be completed to ensure a smooth marriage. Meena

H1 marrying a F1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on H1 visa and have married a student, who is on F1. She has a job with her university and have made salary reported on W-2. I work in another state and she is studying in another state. I am thinking of filing as married filing jointly for my federal return. Please advice, what status...

View more questions Search