Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    all_i_want_is_cake_n_love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2006, 10:06 AM
    LoadLibrary("initpki.dll") failed - The specific module could not be found.
    Ok, I think I may have got myself in a bit of a pickle here!
    and I'm a bit of a novice in terms of computing.

Right I have XP and I have AOL 9.0, I recently downloaded MSN messenger 7.5, I've had no problem with msn messenger in the past but this time I couldn't sign on. I also noted that I can't go on sites that have a sign in "thing" on it, i.e eBay, hotmail or anything I have to enter anything on. Although I can go on Google. I sometimes use spybot and adaware, and I also used, WinPatrol (with the little scotty dog?) and did some things then took it(WinPatrol) off my compy. Now I have a sinking feeling it's something I've done because when I was following a "things to try" type list of trouble shooters, i.e.
    RUN
    %windir%\system32\REGSVR32 softpub.dll
    %windir%\system32\REGSVR32 wintrust.dll
    %windir%\system32\REGSVR32 initpki.dl

but imagine my surprise when this little beauty popped up:-
    LoadLibrary("initpki.dll") failed - The specific module could not be found.

I've tried using "WinsockxpFix" as suggested on a forum, but no such looked, I still have no "initpki" :(

Please help I'm pretty sure my compy needs its "initpki", lol, and that it is pretty cross with me right now.

Cheers, Jo x x x
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Mar 9, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Check out what Bradly offers at:

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/....html?t=366908

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Mar 23, 2006, 08:12 AM
    RESOLUTION

To resolve this behavior, re-register the Softpub.dll, Wintrust.dll, Initpki.dll, Dssenh.dll, Rsaenh.dll, Gpkcsp.dll, Sccbase.dll, Slbcsp.dll, Mssip32.dll, and Cryptdlg.dll files. To do so, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, and then click Run.

2.In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.

3.At the command prompt, type regsvr32 softpub.dll, and then press ENTER.

4.Click OK when you receive the message that DllRegisterServer in Softpub.dll succeeded.

5.Repeat steps 1 through 4 for the following files: Wintrust.dll, Initpki.dll, Dssenh.dll, Rsaenh.dll, Gpkcsp.dll, Sccbase.dll, Slbcsp.dll, Mssip32.dll, and Cryptdlg.dll.

6.Type exit, and then press ENTER to quit Command Prompt.

From: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;813442

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

"dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdown [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message: Dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down. The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown... I was lucky enough to capture the message using a...

Explorer "specified module could not be found [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I try and download anything from the internet, I get a "Specified Module could not be found" error message. The computer was given to me. Should I do a XP Home repair on the system?

View more questions Search