Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Orgasm time in the left blogsphere
    I tuned into C-Span last night and watched part of Dennis Kucinich's reading of 35 Articles of Impeachment he is introducing for the Impeachment of President Bush . (at least until I started to doze off ) This is something that even Nancy Pelosi has said was "off the table".

The Swamp: Kucinich: Impeach Bush

A summary of the charges are as follows :

Article I
    Creating a Secret Propaganda Campaign to Manufacture a False Case for War Against Iraq
    Article II
    Falsely, Systematically, and with Criminal Intent Conflating the Attacks of September 11, 2001, With Misrepresentation of Iraq as a Security Threat as Part of Fraudulent Justification for a War of
    Aggression
    Article III
    Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction, to Manufacture a False Case for War
    Article IV
    Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Posed an Imminent Threat to the United States
    Article V
    Illegally Misspending Funds to Secretly Begin a War of Aggression
    Article VI
    Invading Iraq in Violation of the Requirements of HJRes114
    Article VII
    Invading Iraq Absent a Declaration of War.
    Article VIII
    Invading Iraq, A Sovereign Nation, in Violation of the UN Charter
    Article IX
    Failing to Provide Troops With Body Armor and Vehicle Armor
    Article X
    Falsifying Accounts of US Troop Deaths and Injuries for Political Purposes
    Article XI
    Establishment of Permanent U.S. Military Bases in Iraq
    Article XII
    Initiating a War Against Iraq for Control of That Nation's Natural Resources
    Article XIIII
    Creating a Secret Task Force to Develop Energy and Military Policies With Respect to Iraq and Other Countries
    Article XIV
    Misprision of a Felony, Misuse and Exposure of Classified Information And Obstruction of Justice in the Matter of Valerie Plame Wilson, Clandestine Agent of the Central Intelligence Agency
    Article XV
    Providing Immunity from Prosecution for Criminal Contractors in Iraq
    Article XVI
    Reckless Misspending and Waste of U.S. Tax Dollars in Connection With Iraq and US Contractors
    Article XVII
    Illegal Detention: Detaining Indefinitely And Without Charge Persons Both U.S. Citizens and Foreign Captives
    Article XVIII
    Torture: Secretly Authorizing, and Encouraging the Use of Torture Against Captives in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Other Places, as a Matter of Official Policy
    Article XIX
    Rendition: Kidnapping People and Taking Them Against Their Will to "Black Sites" Located in Other Nations, Including Nations Known to Practice Torture
    Article XX
    Imprisoning Children
    Article XXI
    Misleading Congress and the American People About Threats from Iran, and Supporting Terrorist Organizations Within Iran, With the Goal of Overthrowing the Iranian Government
    Article XXII
    Creating Secret Laws
    Article XXIII
    Violation of the Posse Comitatus Act
    Article XXIV
    Spying on American Citizens, Without a Court-Ordered Warrant, in Violation of the Law and the Fourth Amendment
    Article XXV
    Directing Telecommunications Companies to Create an Illegal and Unconstitutional Database of the Private Telephone Numbers and Emails of American Citizens
    Article XXVI
    Announcing the Intent to Violate Laws with Signing Statements
    Article XXVII
    Failing to Comply with Congressional Subpoenas and Instructing Former Employees Not to Comply
    Article XXVIII
    Tampering with Free and Fair Elections, Corruption of the Administration of Justice
    Article XXIX
    Conspiracy to Violate the Voting Rights Act of 1965
    Article XXX
    Misleading Congress and the American People in an Attempt to Destroy Medicare
    Article XXXI
    Katrina: Failure to Plan for the Predicted Disaster of Hurricane Katrina, Failure to Respond to a Civil Emergency
    Article XXXII
    Misleading Congress and the American People, Systematically Undermining Efforts to Address Global Climate Change
    Article XXXIII
    Repeatedly Ignored and Failed to Respond to High Level Intelligence Warnings of Planned Terrorist Attacks in the US, Prior to 911.
    Article XXXIV
    Obstruction of the Investigation into the Attacks of September 11, 2001
    Article XXXV
    Endangering the Health of 911 First Responders

He went on to give a lengthy oratory on each charge.

I think that the Repubicans should force an immediate debate on the charges. The Dems. do not want this debate .The same thing will happen as when moonbeam introduced impeachment resolution against VP Cheney. When push came to shove and the Dems were asked to show their cards ,they backed off.

They just want to keep up their name calling rhetoric about Bush being a criminal without providing proof that stands up to scrutiny .
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 08:20 AM
    What is your question?

Honestly, if you go to any forum and ask about the criminal activities of GB, they'll provide you with a list a mile long. I have a friend who is a constitutional attorney who told me personally that GB is the most famous war criminal and the biggest threat to the US democracy that there is.

They would not be pressing those charges unless they had a reason to, they've got too many other important things to do. Please be more mature and don't make threads for argument, just if you have a real question.
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Good point... you are right . They have much more important things to do then to waste taxpayers money on these bogus charges and investigations.

The administrators set up this board specifically for discussion postings
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Tom this is one of the few things I think we will agree on. Why even "impeach" him at this point? Waste of money and everyone's time.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Hello tom:

Investigation IS the job of congress. Demanding accountability IS the job of congress. These charges SHOULD BE investigated. The low approval rating of congress is directly related to NOT doing its job.

If there's nothing to these charges, then you and Bush shouldn't fear them. Isn't that what you right wingers would say to someone who was being searched unlawfully?? I think it is.

Two problems ensue, however. Pelosi doesn't support congress doing its job, and 60 votes are needed in the Senate.

That doesn't mean a congressman shouldn't do HIS job, and that's what Kuchinich is doing. His constituents think he's doing a pretty good job. I do too.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 10:38 AM
    These impeachment motions are a waste of time. Congress doesn't take it seriously ;neither did the MSM which would've salivated over them if there was any merit.Did you see it anywhere before I brought it up ? Kucinich tried to cherry pick the Rockefeller Intelligence Report ,and even there they can't find any merit to the Bush lied charge ;let alone find any basis of criminality.

I know the Dems are still upset over that stupid dog and pony Impeachment show that the Republicans put on during the Clintoon years but if there was anything there ;they would've done it already. I'm telling you; Kuchinich was playing to an empty house last night.
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Yeah I know ,a Google search after the fact can yield results . This was not on the broadcast news or in the front pages of any of the papers I peruse . The fact is that they don't want to make a big deal about it because it is just too goofy. It will die in committee if the Republicans don't force a vote on it. If they do the Dems will back down ;just like they did when moonbeam introduced Cheney impeachment motions last year.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 11:25 AM
    So, this is what Choux was talking about when she referred to 'angry white guys'?:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...nt-224186.html
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Angry white guys are a right wing voting block... like blacks, hispanics, older women, youth...

Like you, Tom, and the guy from Texas. :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    What is your question?

Honestly, if you go to any forum and ask about the criminal activities of GB, they'll provide you with a list a mile long. I have a friend who is a constitutional attorney who told me personally that GB is the most famous war criminal and the biggest threat to the US democracy that there is.
    Shouldn't your constitutional attorney friend use 'alleged' before saying "GB is the most famous war criminal and the biggest threat to the US democracy that there is"? My response to such an accusation is something like, "OK, what is the worst thing GB did that would prove he is a war criminal?" In the same manner, "OK, what is the worst thing GB has done that makes him the biggest threat to democracy?" Of course, you may not really care whether such accusations are true or not. Or, you may grant your friend carte blanche to say whatever, and not know the answer yourself.
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Angry white guys are a right wing voting block....like blacks, hispanics, older women, youth.....

Like you, Tom, and the guy from texas. :D
    But, what if I'm black?

Just curious: to what voting block do we attribute Kucinich? At least he has the courage of his convictions: village voice > blogs > Runnin' Scared > Kucinich Introduces Bush Impeachment Resolution
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Eccentric humanists? Not sure how many there are, but not enough to keep track of. LOL!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Haha Choux, did I ever tell you you're my hero? :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left groin & down the left leg pain, Hysterectomy didn't work [ 6 Answers ]

I had fibroids and cysts in my left ovaries. Since I had severe pain in the lower left stomach, groin and all the way down on my left leg. The pain is only prominent when I lie down. I am fine during the day, but when I lie down the pain is intense. It looks like one nerve or something. The Doctor...

Female unable to orgasm, urinates when near orgasm [ 17 Answers ]

This is a complicated question. My girlfriend has never been able to have an orgasm. While performing oral sex, I found a spot on the clitorus where it seems like I could give her an orgasm. When it seems like she is starting to have an orgasm, she begins to urinate. I do believe it is urine...

Wife left took every thing left child what to do [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my wife have been married 2 years and she took off left the kid and the kid is upset that her mom left her again she did it ounce and lost bouth children before we were married so I got the daughter back for her and now she abandened the child again the child is 16 turning 17 in 10...

Hard time having orgasm [ 13 Answers ]

Hi how are all I'm amom and have 5 children I always stress and I'm having lack of sex desire but the prablem is with my husbend if I don't have orgasm wow !that abig deal he gets mad so disspointed and some times he things cause I'm not happy with my life or I don't have strong feelings for him...

Vision loss in left eye only for seconds at a time [ 11 Answers ]

I am a 28 year old woman who has been having vision loss in my left eye for the last 6 months. It happens anywhere from 5-20 or more times a day. The loss of vision is for less than 1o seconds but it is very strange. It usually happens when I stretch or do a sudden balance change. I do not get...

View more questions Search