Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Domieq Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Amana Freezer freezing up
    I have an Amana side by side fridge/freezer that's about 7 yrs old. The bottom of the freezer freezes up with frost which then makes my fridge not cold.

We'll unplug it and manually defrost the freezer for about a day, then plug it back in and about a week later, start the whole process over again.

Any suggestions about what is causing our freezer to freeze up? We cleaned under & the back coils real good, but that did nothing.

Thanks!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 07:46 AM
    Could be defrost timer or defrost heater not working, evaporator fan not working or loss of refrigerant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

Maytag Side-by-Side Freezer ice buildup on floor of freezer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old Maytag side-by-side #MSD2754GR. I have had this problem for the last four years and have cleaned out the clogged drain plug each year myself. Seems that the ice buildup is coming somewhere else since water is not dripping down the back. Yes, it is humid and we are using...

Upright freezer, a frost free, is freezing up [ 1 Answers ]

We replaced the seal on it. Upright freezer works but although it's a frost free, it was freezing Up. Do Freezers run low on freon on is something else wrong? It is in the garage. Thanks

Freezer NOT freezing. Refrigerator is OK. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Magic Chef refrigerator/freezer CTN1911GEW. The refrigerator on the bottom is at the correct temperature. But the freezer at the top is defrosting the food. The fan in the freezer is working. How can I get my freezer to work right again? Please advise. Many thanks Michel

Amana 80 sse [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me how to clean the striking unit on my furnace. Every year because of the dust that gathers, I have to pay someone to do this. One tech told me how, but I do not remember. Due to the venting of our furnace it is an ongoing issue and does not warrant the $$ of the cleaning yearly.

View more questions Search