Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    100Years2Live Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Mar 9, 2006, 07:32 AM
    So... Help!
    You Have probably read this post in the Teen Section. I didn't get the responses I was looking for but I did get some creepy e-mails. I changed my account name and then I found out about the privacy thing.

I just transferred to my school at the Beginning of this year. I had several friends from my church so I was OK with moving here. When I moved here I found that I had the same lunch with all my friends. We have a Block Schedule. I met this girl named Haley and I was attracted to her but dismissed it as first day whatever. We don't talk much at school but sometimes on the phone and at lunch. But when we do We talk for hours. She plays soccer and so do I. So we have conditioning classes together. But they separate guys from girls so all we get to do is walk to the field house together. I also have lunch with her. How can I tell her I like her? I tend to be more girls brothers than their boyfriends and I don't want to let this happen. Please Help. There is also a 2 year age difference. She's a little older than I am. But so are all of my friends. :)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 09:03 AM
    HI,
    Take a big step; tell her over the phone that you like her. Don't be afraid.
    Are you old enough to go out with her? On a date? If so, ask her to go to a movie, or come over and watch a movie together.
    The most important thing is don't be scared of telling her that you like her.
    This "brother" stuff will eventually be forgotten, and you will be liked for who you are by girls. It sometimes takes getting a little older to meet the right girl.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2006, 09:23 AM
    Like I said in your other post, talk to her and tell her you like her and you're curious about whether she likes you the same way.

Don't make it a big production. You're nervous, but try to relax. Don't go through friends. You could start very directly by asking something like "so...you dont have a boyfriend? i can't believe that. guys should be falling all over you..."

Mkay... not that you need to say that, but do you see you can show interest in her and see how she responds. Compliment her. See if she is interested in spending time doing something. You don't have to make it a big deal.

If she dismisses the idea, well that sucks but you know and can move on. If she's interested, then great. Even if she isn't interested be OK with it and let her know its OK. She may not be interested now, but she know you are interested and that could still come of something later.

The key thing here is do something, but try not to let it be bigger than it is. You like her a lot. Great. She might like you the same. Great. Be casual and open and relaxed.

Hopefully it'll all be good.

Did this once and got shot down almost immediately. Sucked. But moved on faster. But more often, id say a lot more often, when I showed interest in girl and was direct about it without making it a big production, the girl was flattered and showed some interest in return. In some cases that meant dating. In a few that just meant a closer friendship.
    100Years2Live Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Mar 9, 2006, 06:18 PM
    So here’s the thing. I was moved up a grade due to my academic achievements :rolleyes: So I transferred to PCHS. Why Ill never know but it was a good thing. Yeah, so Haley and I have no classes together. But we sit with each other at lunch and we meet in the mornings. The whole thing about we don’t talk much at school may have been misleading. I would hate to lose her as a friend but I’m not sure if she feels the same way. We have planned on going to movies together but it was with a group of mutual friends. However, it was cancelled because there had been a car crash and she had swerved off the road to avoid hurting someone else but in the process tearing up her own car. We have a strange mix of personalities. I may not type as an overly hyper person but I am. I also am very blunt if I don’t like you it will be told. She is as well. So sometimes we clash and butt heads. Yet I still find myself attracted to her? She is currently grounded due to her torn up car. Prom is coming up. I am a freshmen (academically I am a sophomore, but I am still counted as a freshmen, because PCHS does not let you skip grades, just enroll in higher classes) and she is a junior. Would it be weird for me to ask her to prom? I am also very mature for my age. Not really, but I tend to hang out with people generally older than me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search