Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George Mathew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 12:28 AM
    basic counseling course
    I would like to do basic counseling course (based on Christian values) with affordable fee.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 02:16 AM
    I'm a little confused as to what you are asking here. Are you asking about taking a course to become a Christian counselor?

Thanks!
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 25, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Are you talking about one course in Christian counseling? That would be very limited preparation, though it would certainly be helpful. It might even help you to consider further if this is something you want to do.

Are you talking about a program of study, possibly leading to a degree? There are distance programs available for that.

I will be glad to mention a couple resources once I know more specifically about your interests.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2008, 05:25 PM
    A Christian couselor , if that is what you want to be, still has a degree, and it should be accredited and they will then be accepted by one of the counseling accreditation groups.

You may want to look at what the requirements are by one of the accreditation groups and what is the legal requirements for being a christian couselor in your state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Premarital counseling [ 11 Answers ]

I am engaged and my fiancé and I want to take the whole premarital counseling thing that some churches offer... but the only problem is neither one of attend church... and my future father-in-law wants us to have a catholic wedding... which I don't care... my fiancé and I do not have a religious...

Looking for Counseling [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know if a good, cheap relationship counselor in the Michigan area?

Seeking Counseling [ 1 Answers ]

I am very emotional and I find I am an angery person somethigs that are small and petty to the normal person pisses me of I get mad so quick I don't even have time to think it put I also hold grudges so when I get mad at someone I harbor it however this is no the case with everyone I had som heart...

Consumer counseling [ 2 Answers ]

We have been with a consumer counseling agency for the last two months, which they have been making payments to our creditors. We have one creditor Sears, which has been handed over to a collection agency. The collection agency has been calling our home and telling us they do not work with...

I think I need Counseling [ 7 Answers ]

It's funny that counseling has been popping up in some relationship posts. I was just thinking today that I really need it. I posted about breaking up with my boyfriend in December and he called three weeks ago... I never called him back because I'm not ready. So even though I miss him terribly I...

View more questions Search