Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    royaldo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 09:18 PM
    I have an ingrown hair on the shaft of my penis
    I have an ingrown hair on the shaft of my penis. Is there anyway I can get rid of it? It doesn't hurt when I masterbate or anything its just like a pimple only when I try to pop it it hurts and nothing comes out. Is there anyway to get rid of it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 09:26 PM
    How do you know it's an ingrown hair? Isn't that a strange place for a hair? Have you had trouble with one before this?
    alainp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 09:53 PM
    I would go see a dermatologist ASAP... if you're shy.. go to a free clinic...
    royaldo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by royaldo
    i have an ingrown hair on the shaft of my penis. is there anyway i can get rid of it? it doesnt hurt when i masterbate or anything its just like a pimple only when i try to pop it it hurts and nothing comes out. is there anyway to get rid of it?
    Well I'm not 100% positive its an ingrown hair but I have been reading about it online a lot the last 3 days and its exactly what it sounds like. I'm pretty sure I don't have any kind of std because I have used a condom every time I have had sex (of this I'm positive) and my girlfriend was a virgin before her and I got together and it didn't appear till about 2 months ago and we have been dating for almost 5. also it has been there for a while and dopnt most std's last for about 7-10 days and then die down and then flare up a while later?
    Well its like located close to my sac on the bottom part of my penis were hair grow's. I already have a doctors appt. set up in 10 days so I've got that all situated but I don't want to wait that long to find out if I can cure it or not..
    alchemist585 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 05:03 PM

Can you actually see a hair though is the main question? Pull the skin tight and see if you can see anything, like a hair growing up along the shaft underneath the skin.
    Monolith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 10:00 AM
    Hair on the shaft of the penis is surprisingly common, just not something people talk about all that much. An ingrown hair could be caused by having a hair pulled out [eg. When they get caught in your fly], when they grow back it can be difficult for them to break the surface skin-layer.

Ingrown hairs are a common problem, not often discussed as they have a tendency to work themselves out - literally. Nine times out of Ten, the hair will cause a reaction beneath the skin, forming a spot-like growth. "popping" this, like a spot will release the pressure, but perhaps not remove the hair, which could bring about a recurrence down the line.

As "alchemist585" asked can you see the hair? A hair close to the surface may follow a path beneath the skin, but they can also curl in on themselves in one spot.

If you can see it, it is possible to *Carefully* hook a [Sterelised!] pin beneath the hair, and draw it to the surface [this works best after breaking the skin as you would when bursting a large spot, but try not to do too much damage]. Tweezers also work quite well for this, if you have a steady hand; accuracy is obviously paramount.

It is almost unnecessary to point out "Be very, very careful" causing damage to the skin may cause scarring, so this has to be well up on the list. Hope this helps any of you out there!

Also; here is a link to a Wiki-How article that may be helpful for people with similar issues to the one "royaldo" posted above:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-an-Ingrown-Hair. The article is about ingrown hairs in general, but works just as well in this situation.
    kenny101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 07:24 AM
    I've got a problem similar to this but initially the lump was small but after a few weeks it has only got bigger. I can feel the hair below the surface of the skin but I cannot see it. I have tried putting a hot towel on it twice a day and nothing has worked. I've seen some websites that suggest putting a pin into it but the thought of puncturing the skin on my penis with a pin is somewhat disturbing.
    Mighty Relieved Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 07:26 AM
    I got a terrible ingrown hair on the left underside my penile shaft through shaving a few years ago, I will never shave my penis again after discovering the it caused the problem. At first I didn't realise it was an ingrown hair, I tried squeezing the little lump and a tiny amount of firm puss came out. The lump remained but went down for a time, I could still feel it under the skin but I had done the best I could. The lump grew a little and went slightly red about a year later, by this time I knew it was an ingrown hair, I sterilised a pin and tried digging into it in an effort to cure the problem. I squeezed and hoped I could squeeze whatever was in the bump out, but it was a large bump and the pin hole I had created only small, I squeezed like hell but to know avail. After all the swelling and gone down, the lump shrunk and was less noticeable again, but I could still feel it under the skin. I read up online about the problem and didn't know what else to do, I pretty much gave up. Then just lately it's started to feel quite prominent under the skin, swelling a bit. This morning I took a look and there was a little hole which was oozing a little clear liquid. I squeezed it a little and nothing much happened, it wasn't very weepy. I took a bath and had a think, I was determined to fix the problem after all these years of grief. I recently got new kitchen knives, some super sharp ones. I guessed that I could bear the pain and cut a little hole over the lump and try and squeeze the contents out if possible, that was exactly what I did. I sterilised the knife and stuck the tip of the knife in the little hole which had oozed stuff, pulled it back towards me and felt it slicing. It wasn't too painful and I managed to open a hole a few millimetres across, then I squeezed! Some black stuff came out which I thought was blood at first, it was but in the blood was something deep black and thick, it was multiple strands of hair, about five of them stuck together soaked in blood, I pulled them out and there was no resistance. They were a couple of centimetres long and growing almost as one. Oh the relief! I squeezed and squeezed and that was all there was in there, the lump halved in size straight away. I applied antiseptic cream and I think that after the swelling has gone down, the little that's left of the lump will disperse and my problem will be resigned to history. I registered here just to tell my story. Hope it helps somebody!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on top of penis shaft [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I know there are a lot of posts about similar topics and they were all suggested to see a doctor. But I sort of have a similar issue here but different from what everyone has been saying. And I would really like some possible answers before I go see the doctor. For about maybe half to 1...

Lump on shaft of penis [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I notice a hardened spot on the bottom of the shaft of my penis, I put a little pressure on it and puss came out, like a pimple, so I thought it was that, but the lump has not gone down/ healed since popping it and now is sore. Anyone have any idea if this is serious or what it might...

Lump on the shaft of my penis [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am 47 yrs old male.Two weeks ago I founda small lump on my penis on the left side.It is about the size of an eraser on a pencil,It is movable and solid a little hard .By touch it hurts a little.A few months ago I had one in my sac and it went away after a short while.If possible please can...

Penis red on shaft under skin [ 1 Answers ]

I only ralized that the skin was soppsoe to slide over the head of your penis last year and I am now 18. My forskin is very tight and hurts a little when hauling it over. When it gets over my head and down a little it is very red and has a even darker red at the bottom or the head, almost purple,...

Pimple on shaft of penis [ 1 Answers ]

I have gotten what looks to be a pimple on the shaft of my penis. It first started small with a white head but 4 or 5 days later it has gotten red inside of the pimple like it got popped but could not make its way out. It does hurt when I touch it. I have been with my girlfriend for over 2 years...

View more questions Search