Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonmaster538 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2006, 10:03 PM
    I need advice
    Hey everyone, I am 17 years old. There's this 15 year old girl that love soooo much.We known each other for 1 and a half years now. She is a shyish girl with few friends, who reads a lot.She plays with her hair sometimes(only around me I noticed). She found out that I liked her during winter break through e-mail. When we got back her hand was literally shaking when we meet in the library. (we meet in library every morning to let you know)And we sit next to each other instead of across now. I didn't know if she liked me so I ask her. She said I don't know yet. So I said OK. So on valentines day I asked her if she wanted to see a movie. She said I would love to.After the day of our movie, we were walking together like usually after school.So I gave her a goodbye kiss on the cheek. And walked away. The next day she said I like you as a friend, but nothing more. Now I don't know what to think. Does she even like me? Or was she just messing with me? Or what?
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Mar 8, 2006, 10:59 PM
    Sounds like she likes you to me. She's only 15 so she is probably a bit scared of you, and it sound slike guys don't really come on to her a lot. Give it some time, don't push her into anything and just act normal. Keep doing what you are doing, and ask her again in a month or so. Feel things out with her bud, you put it out there, so she knows. Best of luck man.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Mar 8, 2006, 11:12 PM
    Dragonmaster, did she say "she likes you as a friend but nothing more" or did she say "she likes you as a friend" and then didn't say anything. Either way, she may not be ready for a boyfriend or that type of relationship. Maybe you need to connect with someone a little closer to your age. If she is really nice and you get along well with her, be patient. It may take her some time to warm up to the idea of having a boy who's more than a friend. It may also be that her parents won't allow her to have boys call her or come over?? Just keep being nice and respectful but playful, you know what I mean. She'll relax and then you can talk to her about it.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 05:40 AM
    HI,
    Welcome to this site, and thank you for asking a question here.
    She likes you, and as others have said, she is only 15 yrs old!
    She is not the kind of girl that is going to say "I love you", when she doesn't want to get involved in a relationship like that right now.
    Did you expect her to say "I love you, want to be with you for the rest of my life"?
    Dating, being with girls, is a learning experience from the get-go. You learn something new almost every day. Hang in there, talk with her, be her friend. Don't expect her to fall in love with you. I do wish you the best of luck.

Mar 9, 2006, 10:11 AM
    Thanks everyone. I got some point of views that I never thought of before. We are good friends, and I am going to be for her like I am doing now. And I am not going to force her to do anything. And you I did think she is not ready yet. I remember when I was 15 I definitely wasn't ready. Anyway Thank you everyone!!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 04:13 PM
    That is another point some people just don't get... some people JUSTAREN'T READY FOR A RELATIONSHIP AT THAT TIME - for what ever reason. No matter the age - 15 - 32 - 43. Maybe they were hurt before, or it's too much pressure, or there not over their last guy or gal.

Dragon... wait it out. She may need lots of time to think about you. You must have surprised her by uping the ante. BE COOL about this - still be her friend do the same stuff... and I bet you're an item soon.

Maybe you didn't sell the idea in the right way to her. Just hang out with her and have fun.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2006, 07:05 AM
    Hi,
    Again, she is only 15, and may not have dated very much so far. I think you are making a very wise decision in what you said. Best of luck.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2006, 07:24 AM
    Happens. My shortest "dating exp" was two periods in school.

Asked a girl out that I knew liked me in one period. She was flippin giddy. Two periods later she'd rethought it and decided maybe not. Hilarious. Well not at the time, but now it is.

Came that there were issues with her parents and age and dating and she didn't want to deal with that. Just got caught up in the moment.

Oh well.

So the girl may like you but may not be ready, as was mentioned, for any number of reasons. Best thing to do is back of, act like a friend, and don't expect it to be more.
    samjg Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2006, 02:10 AM
    Hey this is my first time on here but I thought I might be able to help u, I am a 16 yr old who is dating sum1, a bit older and I never was freaked but your girl sounds like a total oppopsite of me, mayb it might have something to do with her parents, did you ask her? Her parents might not have agreed to her seeing you, it is also possible she freaked thinking you would want a lot more (sexually) than she is ready for? Did anyone consider that?
    :) good luck
    Sam
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2006, 05:57 AM
    Hi,
    At 15, some of the answers already implied that she isn't ready for any type of relationship yet. The boy should just be friends with her for now.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2006, 06:12 PM
    It's hard to say for sure. What did you talk about when you went out to the movies? Perhaps something you said turned her off. Or maybe she was disappointed that you just kissed her on the cheek and nothing more. If she continues to socialize with you and doesn't avoid you, that's a good sign. In that case just go with the flow and don't worry about her saying "I like you as a friend but nothing more." Just hang in there. Eventually the two of you will either come together or go your separate ways. Don't push the issue about whether she likes you as any more than just a friend ; the last thing she wants right now is pressure.

Apr 2, 2006, 02:28 AM
    What should I do?
    Hey everyone, I am 17 years old. There's this 15 year old girl that love soooo much.We known each other for 1 and a half years now.She is a very smart and shy girl.And I am the only guy she has that is a friend. She found out that I liked her during winter break through e-mail.She said it was weird finding out a "friend" likes me. When we got back to school her hand was literally shaking when we meet in the library. (we meet in library every morning to let you know).Now she sits next to me instead of across. I didn't know if she liked me so I ask her. She said I don't know yet. So I said OK. So on valentines day I asked her if she wanted to see a movie with me. She said I would love to.After the day of our movie, we were walking together like usually after school.So I gave her a goodbye kiss on the cheek. And walked away. The next day she looked me straight in the eyes and said I like you as a friend, but nothing more. Now I didn't know what to think. But she still sits next to me.We do make eye contact. So 3 weeks later I asked her to the dance. She said no.But I know for a fact she really hates dancing. And yesterday I complimented on her best friends drawing. Then she immiditally made fun of the drawing. That caught my attention lol. Some people said might be her parents, I was thinking about asking that soon. Is she just not rdy for a relationship yet? I don't want to be a jerk and force her to do anything. I just want to know if she even likes me.What should I do?
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Hi, dragonmaster,
    This young girl likes you, as a friend. She is not "in love" with you, and probably doesn't even know what really being in love means yet.
    Take your time, be her friend. She doesn't want to go dancing with you. There will be others things she doesn't want to do either.
    So, just hang in there, and don't push anything. You might drive her away from you for good.
    Best of luck.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 2, 2006, 06:44 AM
    This relationship isn't good for yourself image.
    The unspoken message is that you are somehow deficient in what she considers male attractiveness and therefore she can only see you as
    She would see a brother or as one of her girl-friends.

BTW

I suggest that you reserve your love for only those who are willing to reciprocate.
    You will save yourself a lot of time and heartache by doing so.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2006, 07:09 PM
    Wow! A girl who hates dancing? She must really be shy! I'd just keep on being friends with her. Talk to her, get to know her, create opportunities to see her socially but don't pressure her as to whether she "likes" you. She's obviously very sensitive and self-conscious and probably has everyone and their brother on her back to "lighten up", "get out more", don't be so shy", "why are you so quiet?", etc. etc. If you want her trust and friendship then DON'T jump on this bandwagon. Accept her for who and what she is, not for what you wish she was.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2006, 05:53 AM
    Ok, people who hate dancing in high school go all the time because they "date" I hated dances but was at every one of them.

But she is only 15 and while some young people at 15 are married or having sex there are 1000's who are first coming into some level of dealing with their own emotions and the entire boy-girl thing.

Also dating best friends don't work normaly, I had a similar issue, my best friend in the whole world was this wonderful girl, but after we decided to try to date, we were never close friends again.
    It was like trying to kiss your sister , or to her kissing your brother.

You have to go with it, and perhaps you will date someone else first for a while. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need advice... please [ 37 Answers ]

Me and my ex of 3 years broke up over a month ago. He said we were fighting too much and that if I would give it time everything would fall into place.well we still see each other and hang out and spend the night together,yet he hasn't mentioned anything about the relationship. Its like he's over...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

I need advice... [ 9 Answers ]

I want my ex boyfriend back... we went out for a year... we broke up... because so much was wrong... we were fighting heaps you know... Its taken me half a year to realise I still really love him... he said I mean more to him than anyone else... because we lost our virginity to each other... ...

Advice [ 4 Answers ]

I'm currently enrolled at the University of Iowa as an accoutning student. In grad school I will be getting a joint law degree with a masters in accounting because I want to be a tax attorney. Any advice on what else I should do outside of my basic course of action?

Advice please [ 9 Answers ]

I saw my ex girlfriend (2 yr relationship) for the first time since we broke up (4 months ago) at a mates party the other night. I played it pretty cool and wasn't needy or anything. She seemed like she wanted to talk to me and I noticed her looking at me a few times when I was talking to another...

View more questions Search