Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yorkielover Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Maytag washer door lock
    I have a maytag front load washer and after the wash cycle the door lock light is on and won't release. Anyone know how to release it?
    Thanks very much.
    yeun jacques Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Model number?

Jun 16, 2008, 04:12 PM
    So sorry it is a mah4000aww serial 01728652yu

Thanks in advance for your help.
    yeun jacques Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Ahhhh the first generation maytag neptune.

Either the wax motor or something is jammed in the latch assembly.

I couldn't help much on the technical side but this is a common repair so if you do some searching you can find some information related to fixing this.

Jun 16, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Thank you very much! I had called maytag and they told me to unplug the washer for a half hour and the sensor would reset it self. We did that and sure enough it reset, until you ran a cycle and then it locked again. Will check out your suggestion - I hope it works. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

yorkielover:D
    Cori_Ader Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 08:53 AM
    Back in the old days they made washers that did not lock your clothes up. The problem is that since the government schools don't teach common sense anymore nobody knows better than to stick their hands and arms into an agitating or spinning washer and they have to protect the new generations of government educated dummies by locking them out of their machines.

And.. they provide more things to break and more reasons to throw machines away thus stimulating a dying economy.

A solution for you that may soon be the only affordable option: wahsboard and clothesline.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Maytag washer door boot spring [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Model MAH6500AWW with a door boot that has a slit cut into it and leaks. I can disassemble the machine down to the point of removing the tub spring that applies tension to the boot cable holding the door boot onto the tub. There is a lot of tension on that spring. How do you...

Remote Control Key/Door lock [ 1 Answers ]

How do you program a keyless remote control for a 1998 nissian pathfinder

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

View more questions Search