Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mbell1960 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Why do I feel safe at home in my bedroom?
    I feel safe when I am at home in my bedroom, I'd like to stay there forever, but that is not reality.

Last year I tried to take my life but they saved me, I should be dead and at time I wish I were, my life is in a worse mess today than it was then, it seems that everywhere I turn I make the wrong choices and dig myself in deeper into dept and more into a mess with my family.

Why did I live, there must be a reason, I don't know. But I'm here and I guess I'll have to make the best of this messed up life.

On the outside I look like a happy go lucky person who has not a worry in the world and on the inside I'm a mess, a worried nervous break down mess. I just like to go home and get in my bed and stay there where no one can touch me or hurt me or make judgements against me.

How can I change my life?
    aliciag940 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Jun 9, 2008, 01:59 PM
    I went through almost the same thing a few years ago... I got into counselling with someone I really felt comfortable with, got on the right medication (and I stress RIGHT medication). It took work, but eventually, things just started getting better, little by little... It still requires work to this day, but it's totally worth it to me.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 02:00 PM
    I am sorry to hear you have been having such a hard time.

If you don't mind me asking,was it after a particular incident that you felt this way or has it been that way since you remember?

And I am sure you are not the only one who thinks that taking your life is a solution to problems you have faced or will face.

I hope you will continue to post and hopefully someone will be here to help you find ways to solve your problems.
    Mbell1960 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 02:05 PM
    How do you find the right medication? I was put into a hospital for 4 days when I tried to kill myself, they did not change my medication and when I got out my therapist said I really didn't need any counseling, I understood what I had done. I went to group counseling for about 4 weeks and I could have been the instructor. It did me good to know there were so many others worse off than I was but in the end I'm not sure what it did for me.

I called to see if there was a bipolar clinical study in my area which there is not at this time, I'm not even sure if I'm bipolar but I do have highs and lows and get so upset at the drop of a hat.

I don't know what is wrong with me?? I just thought it would be nice to know if anyone else was like me.

Like I said I can just stay in my bedroom and all is OK... I know I need help but that is hard to find...
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbell1960
    I don't know what is wrong with me??? I just thought it would be nice to know if anyone else was like me.

Like I said I can just stay in my bedroom and all is ok.... I know I need help but that is hard to find...
    Bell,

Do you have any interests,hobbies or past times that you feel at least relaxed to be doing?Or was relaxing at one time but not anymore?

I am sure there are others here who may have gone through similar episodes of highs and lows.
    Don't give up hope...
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Is someone supporting you financially so that you can stay in your bedroom if you want? Who?
    What is your age, that is very important?
    cheesseball Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
    I am the same way I spend most of my life in my bedroom like a year ago I used to like live in my bedroom closet weird but that's the placed I liked to be because there were no windows or anything and no one could see me or judge me... I try to get out more and I want to go places but I can't because I'm always afraid someone will judge me and make me feel worse of myself... your not the only one...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 02:01 PM
    I feel the same way because I have struggled the past 20 some years and feel like I am still in my same messes. Nothing seems to get much better no matter how much I try.
    One thing I do know is you need to envision yourself and where you want to be in 5, 10, 20years from now and work a plan with a goal and don't let anything side track you.
    Stick as close to your basic plan without cluttering it up with unnecessary situations and things because they just hold you back and drag you down.
    Learn from everything too. Like learn from your debt mistakes how to manage money better, learn from bad relationships what to avoid, learn from others taking advantage of you. Put everything you learn to a positive way of how you are going to better your circumstances.
    yael22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 02:30 PM
    I feel the same way and really I think evryone dose at some point in there life. You don't feel like that for no reason. Is there something going on in your life that scares you. Bullys,familly differces. Most likley its because evry thing is changing and you don't know how to deel with it. My edvice is don't try to fix your mistakes on your own. Ask someone you trust for help. It could be your counler,parent,family meber or a good friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do about spirits I feel in my home? [ 10 Answers ]

I am very sane, no mental issues. I am very intuitive and consider myself very capable of being in touch with the "other side", but am too afraid to open the door. I don't on a normal basis feel spirits but occasionally I do. Lately I been sensing a presence in my home. Particularly in my...

It doesn't feel right nor does it feel the same no more [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have been going out since June 2 2007. Before when he asked me to be his girlfriend he use to talk to me more on msn and use to care a lot. But now its like everything is going wrong I got really mad at him. I am not sure if how I'm acting is the way a good girlfreind should be...

Home owners rights with a bedroom rented [ 3 Answers ]

If I were to rent a bedroom in my house would I need a formal rental agreement? And would there be a problem of just throwing them out if it did not work?

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

Is This a Safe Home Remedy for Clogged Drains? [ 33 Answers ]

I came across this recipe on the TipNut website. Is this a safe drain cleaner recipe? Thank you, in advance, for your answer. Homemade Drain Cleaner Recipe: 1 part baking soda 1 part salt 1/4 part cream of tartar Directions:

View more questions Search