Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    white zombie03132 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2006, 04:56 PM
    Metathione dosage
    Is anyone taking any metathione pills and if so, what is the right dosage? I would like to start taking metathione along with my glutathione pills for faster results with skin lightening
    unis Posts: 89, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2006, 04:21 AM
    Hello :)

Please note that metathione is also a brand of glutathione supplement, adding this brand to what you are currentkly taking is just the same as adding some more mg of glutathione to what you are already taking. This is a pricey brand too.

Mar 11, 2006, 11:39 AM
    What's stronger though? Glutathione or Metathione? I want to achieve more than 3 shades of lightening and I haven't seen anything yet. Its only been 2 months and a couple of weeks so I'm not sure

Mar 11, 2006, 04:04 PM
    Metathione is Glutathione. Metathione is a brand of glutathione, so there is no comparison to that, maybe state the name or brand of the glutathione that you currently is taking and then you compare Metathione to that :)

It has already been 2 month and a couple of weeks, you should have seen lightening already, are you taking the right amount of dosage for your body to achieve lighter skin? Otherwise, your 2 months and a couple of weeks will just be good enough for skin improvement.

Hope it helps! Just keep your Q's coming, if you stioll got some

Mar 14, 2006, 02:32 AM
    Well I'm 5'8'' and I weigh about 145 pounds.. so how much should I be taking?

Mar 14, 2006, 06:53 AM
    You may take or should take 2000mg - 2500mg of glutathione everyday plus 2000-4000mg of vitamin C.

Mar 15, 2006, 08:58 PM
    Yeah that's what I take and it's been two months so maybe I need to wait longer to see results. Also, I was wondering if you or anyone else has heard of L-Methionine? 500mg with 90 caps.. is that also a whitening agent or does it have a side effect for skin whitening? I don't know if I spelt it right the last time I asked you. I think I asked for metathione.. but I just checked it and its called L-Methionine.. is that for skin whitening? They look like the L-Glutathione pills so I was wondering :confused:
    mai Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2006, 10:30 PM
    Most glutathione formulations have 500mg gluta and some vit c. at least 250mg. I heard vit c may be toxic in higher doses. U have to take at it twice a day. Gluta in excess will be excreted though the urine.

Mar 16, 2006, 11:40 PM
    What about methionine? Is that like glutathione or is it more powerful? :confused:

Mar 17, 2006, 02:02 PM
    Most probably, that's a brand name. There are lots of glutathione brands now.
    I know of 2 brands that are effective (personally).
    These two has 500mg glutathione w/vit c zinc aspartate grapeseed and alpha lipoic acid (between the two of them ). Taken twice a day. (1000mg glutathione a day for short). U have to take extra dose of vit c.
    More brands are surfacing but I have yet to try them. It's a bit expensive here. I'm from the philippines by the way.

Mar 19, 2006, 11:41 PM
    So I should try taking the methionine? I didn't know it was a brand name of glutathione.. will it still work if I give it time? I want 3-5 shades lighter on my skin.. all over

Mar 22, 2006, 09:40 PM
    Try to Google it first so you'll understand more about it. I saw a lot of journals from doctors. You can't just trust one person esp. w/ regards your health. Also you'll know what formulation works best. See what's inside methionine then compare. ;)
    goldenwhite Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2006, 11:50 PM
    I have been using these products by this lady who lives in Nashville, US. She is an indian and has these herbal products. The best product that she has is a Shagrain and Sha Gold Mask, which I have been using for 8 months now. It has made my skin fairer by 2-3 degrees, but I am also looking for some pill that I can have orally too, to complement the shagrain and sha gold mask.

I read on one of the earlier posts that glutathione may cause break outs, has anyone else come across this as well?
    BabyBruchie Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Apr 1, 2006, 12:27 AM
    I have used glutathione, dr. james and active white brands and I am very happy and stisfied with the results! I have tried other brands of pills but this is the most OK. As far as price and result.

Apr 1, 2006, 04:48 AM
    Well, that's good news because, dr. james is a lot cheaper than the others I know. I'm using vitamins usa now, but only once a day because I already have fair skin, I just need to even it out, because I have some brown spots.
    And also, I have 4 kids and giving birth worsened varicosities on my legs. After using gluta, I noticed it getting smaller. I don't think its all in my head.
    A friend also told me it improved her eyesight. A friend's son's skin's becoming smoother, he also doesn't have pimples anymore...

Don't forget to take vit c

Apr 1, 2006, 05:11 PM
    I am on a Vitamin A derivative for acne treatment. I have had any acne for over 6 months now. Does anyone know whether gluta goes well with the vitamin A derivative ( Tretiva 20mg)

Apr 1, 2006, 05:12 PM
    I meant I have NOT had any acne for over 6 months
    AfroRican1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2006, 10:24 PM
    Anybody know of any stores in the U.S. or specifically Florida that sells glutathione pills 1000mg or more? I've found glutathione in stores around my house (looking online) but they have like 20mg only...

Apr 2, 2006, 04:42 AM
    My mom's in quebec ca. she also told me she can't find gluta higher than 250mg. So I just send her. I just don't know how you can get yours.
    AfroRican1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2006, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mai
    my mom's in quebec ca. she also told me she can't find gluta higher than 250mg. so i just send her. i just dont know how u can get yours.
    It would be a blessing if I could find 250mg because then I could take it 3 to 4 times a day, I've heard of people from other countries that are a lot darker than me that saw results from 500mg daily for 1-2 months..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L-glutathione pill dosage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi just wondering how much dosage should I take of the glutathione pill & vit c, as I have yellow skin and I work out quite a lot?:)

Active White L-glutathione Dosage [ 13 Answers ]

As I have have a pale yellow skin, I was wondering if you could advise me of how much of the ACTIVE WHITE L-GLUTATHIONE pill I should take.

Right dosage for MET tathione [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know what's the right dosage (MET tathione) for me? I weigh around 120 pounds.. I have fair skin but I want fairer skin so I was thinking of taking 1000 mg/day for faster results. Would that be fine?

Metathione [ 3 Answers ]

Is anyone taking metathione and if so.. what's the dosage to take for skin lightening? How long till you start seeing results? I want to take metathione along with glutathione for faster results

View more questions Search