Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sam8988378 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2008, 11:54 AM
    '92 honda main relay bad again?
    My '92 Honda accord lx is once again not starting in hot weather, also has trouble starting after I've made 2 short drives & stops in a row. When it's hot, there's nothing to be done except wait for cooler weather (96* yesterday, 99* today, 94* tomorrow. I can't wait anymore for the weather!). In the 2nd case, if I wait about 5 minutes or so, it will start.

I replaced the main relay 2 years ago. I can't believe it's bad again! How can this not be a recall item? Do they have to be replaced every year? It's not in the yearly scheduled maintenance. It's not the easiest thing to do, especially in a back brace. It's also not the cheapest repair.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2008, 12:15 PM
    You may want to test/replace the Ignition Control Module and coil. Here's how to do the work yourself:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    sam8988378 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 12, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Would this explain the film on windshield when heater/defroster is engaged? Anyway, going to have to send this one to the mechanic. Back braces don't allow for much bending over an engine (or anything). But thank you. I will return with results after diagnosis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Honda Civic: Main relay? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi: I am having problems with my '91 Honda civic DX when I drive for a while, then I stop the engine for 5-10 minutes to do some shopping or whatever... and then try to start again. It doesn't start at all. But if I wait another 5 or 10 minutes and I try again, usually starts. I don't have any...

Honda main relay location [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went through the trouble shooting steps mentioned, I cannot hear or fell the main relay clicking. I have looked for this relay, in the fuse box under hood, I don't recognize or see the main relay. What is the location for this relay in a 1990 HOnday Accord?

Main Relay on a 91 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the location of the Main Relay on my 91 Honda Civic. Can anyone help

92 Honda Civic main relay BAD? [ 16 Answers ]

I read some very helpful tips on this problem but I have a question about this. It appears that I have the same problem. All the tips I read said that when you turn the key to the 2nd position and you should hear or feal 3 clicks if the main relay is working. Maybe I am just plain stupid but I only...

89 Honda Civic Main Relay [ 2 Answers ]

I have read the articles you have on the main relay, but have been unable to find the main relay in my 89 Civic hatchback. I found a relay close to the location where you said it should be but after replacing that relay I still do not have power to the fuel pump and the ecu still reads a code 16....

View more questions Search