Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    percyballs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2006, 01:16 PM
    Call or not to call
    When I was younger I always seemed to know what to do. Now, I feel like I don't have a clue.

I met this guy on a dating service. We had our second date this past Sat. He orig. wanted to go out Fri but, he called on Thurs and I didn't speak to him till Fri.
    Question... When it comes to calling, is it a turn off for me to initiate a call this early in our "relationdhip". I know it's not even a relationship. My Southern Belle roommate says she never calls a guy in the beginning and after that she rarely initiates a call. Should a new dating couple take turns initiating calls. Will he think I am not interested if I don't initiate when it's my turn?

Oh.. percyballs is the name of my dog... LOL
    confuzed Posts: 34, Reputation: 6

Mar 8, 2006, 01:54 PM
    I don't think us girls calling is a problem as long as it is not overdone. IE Calling excessively. I am in a new relationship and I call but not every single day (we both lead busy lives) and it is about the same vise versa. It seems to be working out pretty well and he seems to appreciate it when I give him a call.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2006, 02:24 PM
    It really depend on the guy and his culture and beliefs, perosnally I would find it great.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 03:36 PM
    I think you should call once in while, but, obviously, not every day. He should be calling you - I agree.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 06:22 AM
    Hi, Percyballs,
    Thanks for asking a question here, and Welcome to this site.
    Your "Southern Belle" friend is telling you what the traditions are in the South, as well as maybe some other places also.
    I am 64 yrs old, married 29 yrs to a wonderful woman. Even many, many years ago, before we were married, she would call me also; when we first met. We met in VA.
    Who is going to call is up to you. There is nothing wrong with you calling him.
    How many times? It's up to you also. If you don't want to call him, wait a couple of days, see if he calls you. If he doesn't, then call him, ask how he's doing, etc, You will get the "message" one way or another if he likes you, and can also be deciding if you like him.
    The reason I knew at earlier ages "what to do", I thought I knew most everything when I was much younger. The older I get, the more I know I don't know!
    iamarcin Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Mar 9, 2006, 09:18 AM
    Depends on how the date went
    Did he promise to call
    Did he give you his number or mention it
    Do you have other ways of comunication that would be more casual
    I always believed that instant mesengers are great in the beginning of the relationship
    I'm a guy and wouldn't expect your call
    Living in ny 22 years old
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Mar 29, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Call, I am a firm believer that you must get what you want and need.
    On and this is too personal to require an answer, but I can tell you if you "sleep" with a guy too soon,we have a tendency to act like this. But it is something psychological, it's his problem. But look even if you don't connect with him, you should still try to spend some time with him he might have a friend you do connect with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Call? [ 5 Answers ]

I went out with a girl three times and then she called me and said she didn't want to go out anymore, its been three weeks can I call her? Or just let it go?

Should I call him? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I recently met this guy in a bar and he asked me out. We went on a date, had a really great time, ended the night with a lovely kiss. We agreed that we both enjoyed ourselves and would see each other again. A few days later he went on holiday for a week. He came back on Monday and I haven't...

Will he call ? [ 28 Answers ]

I know this sounds like everyother post, but here goes anyway. My boyfriend and I were together 11 1/2 months. We had a whirlwind relationship. We both have the same lifestyle. Work summers and take the winters off. We were SO in love, never fought. We spent the whole winter together traveling and...

Should I call him? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, so my ex and I broke up about 2 months ago and since then, I still haven't gotten completely over him, he still tells me he misses me when I run into him and he is still sweet to me, hugging me, etc. But, I have been trying to move on and go out and meet new people. I've been seeing this...

Should I call him or get over him? [ 6 Answers ]

OK, here's my problem. In January, I met this guy and liked him from the start. I had 5th period w/ him and every day I liked him more and more, and over time he began to really mean a lot to me. He was always really nice and he knew I liked him but never said he liked me back. The year ended...

View more questions Search