Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AndAllOfThisWasYourFault Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2006, 12:08 PM
    Help me! Please
    I'm 16 years old and I may be pregnant.. I have heard many different things about signs of whether I'm pregnant... people have said that you feel sick and I don't and that it is unconfortable to sleep on your stomach because it can kill the baby... but I have no discomfort with sleeping on my stomach... but me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex and he didn't pull out he just cummed in me... im really scared... I took a pregnancy test the day after it happened and it turned up negative but one of my friends told me that you havr to wiat 48 hours before taking a pregnancy test.. im much to young to have a baby and my friends have been telling me to take a "morning after" pill which will prevent me from getting pregnant.. so my question is... are these things that my friends have told me true? And if I am pregnant, how long do I have to wait before taking a morning after pill? Please help me! I'm really scared, confused and I don't know what to do!
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Mar 8, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Wow... you have gotten some really really poor information. Okay... one thing at a time.

I don't want to sound harsh but if you are "too young to have a baby" then you shouldn't be having unprotected sex. Not only could you get pregnant, you could also contract any number of STD's including HIV.

Next, a pregnancy test will not be accurate until the day after your period is due. You will need to wait until then to test.

Finally the morning after pill is only effective if you use it within 72 hours of having unprotected sex. It is essentially a very high dose of birth control pills. It is used to prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in your uterus.

Please be more careful in the future.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Mar 9, 2006, 09:22 AM
    I agree with mrs. pennell in all of her answers. You really need to educate yourself. Don't rely on a pill to stop an unwanted pregnancy they don't work all the time. Please try and educate yourself. Try going to planned parenthood and asking there and if you can't go to a clinic the look online at
    www.plannedparenthood.com
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search