Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 9, 2008, 03:49 AM
    2006 tundra and a.c. control switch
    I have had a problem with the knob and cable that contols the switch that determines the direction of air flow for my a.c. in my truck.It was fixed once by the dealer,but broke again a day later.Why is it breaking,and how do I correct the problem.I have 2000 miles left on warranty,so I am worried it will break again and I will be stuck with a broken knob.It will turn but will not go into first position.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Go on the passenger side and look underneath where the passengers left foot would rest.
    See if there's a cable that could have been kicked out of it's securing clip.
    Move the select position knob in all positions to see if the cable stays still, and the blend door moves.
    Do this again on the drivers side. Look straight up from the gas pedal. See if everything moves freely with the same knob.
    If everything looks in place, then the control head will be next. Possible gears stripping etc.
    This is not a common problem. I don't see much trouble with the Tundra's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the right switch to control my ceiling fan ? [ 6 Answers ]

We removed a builders ceiling fan with no light from our home. We re trying to upgrade to a Hunter Ceiling Fan with a light kit. There is a one way dimmer switch that worked the other fan. The old swich works the new Hunter fan but there is an apparent humming sound now. We baought a new dimmer...

Ceiling Fan control switch [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Harbor Breeze control switch in the wall. My wiring is one black and one white wire. The switch has two black wires and the uusual reen ground. How do I wire. I am new to the site and appreciate any help. Thanks, Th0623

Ford Van E150 A/C control Switch [ 1 Answers ]

My Ford Van blows hot air when I turn the A/C on. I add 1 can R134 freon but it still blows hot air. Finally I bring the car to a car repair shop. They told me the control to switch door Heat or Cold Air is broken and happens to all Ford makes, models. They estimate about 2 -3 hours labor to...

Replacing a fan limit control switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York gas furnace that is about 18 years old. The fan is blowing continuously. Tried to replace the thermostat and it didn't correct the problems. I am assuming the fan limit control switch is bad. Can I replace it myself? It is a Honeywell switch. Should I remove it and take it with me to...

View more questions Search